New TFSI Project

Finally passed the Mot, new lambda and thermostat fitted now, another **** job to do on this engine!

916414AF C95D 449F BF74 D051DF7CA7E8

AC8C9975 D1CD 4148 8323 F5109C82236E

Still not fitted exhaust, got sidetracked as found some decent used wings to swap for my ****** rusty ones.

5850D764 94F1 4C5F B2AD C1B875B109C5

E27128D9 3E0D 49FB 8733 308474DD810E

Reactions: Sidrick
Exhaust is fitted but it’s too loud for me, I’m going to put some Jetex DB inserts in the back boxes to see if it takes the edge off, if not then I’ll get a sports cat welded into the down pipe.

Went for a blast and logged 3rd gear pull, graphs below. The map should be for 1.4 Bar but only seems to request 1.25 Bar for some reason.

I’ve converted the MAF values by 1.25 to give an idea of BHP figures

CarVALUES

Decided to do a 4th gear pull to see specified boost, looks like map is only requesting 1.25 Bar which would be stage 1 values I guess. Takes a few hundred rpm to hit specified boost which may be normal?

Anyway I seem to be getting boost cut at higher RPM, need to log all of the fuelling bits now to see what’s up, could feel it in the car was like boost dropping and picking back up.

4th pull

May have to opt for a resonated milltek with the cat fitted.

it’s just too boomy and loud for me lol

Yeah, I know what you mean - Many, many years ago when I was running a '78 Mini pickup, I cobbled together a straight through exhaust with just a cherrybomb silencer at the back. Sounded great.... until you had to drive any great distance when it was just too boomy & noisy (you had to shout at the passenger instead of talking) so, even though I liked it, I had to put another silencer into it to calm the jangling nerves..... :stung:

Reactions: neilA4
I found a very good option has been 034 HFC , larger tapered down pipe and oem system back with nicer tips, the main restrictions are the oem cat and down pipe ,works for me & just my input.

Reactions: neilA4
Thanks gents,

The standard exhaust was perished so needed changing anyway. I just did not think this system would be so bad with the resonator pipes.

I think the milltek should be a bit more refined hopefully. Will run standard cat initially then try a decat pipe, if that is too loud then I’ll opt for a high flow cat!

Things moving along very slowly with the bargain build, too much to do round the house and now home schooling added to the mix.

I’ve got a milltek SSXAU515 sat in the garage ready to fit, was on euro car parts for £405 with discount code so snapped it up. They must of had it a couple years the box was ******. Just need to get a decat pipe for after the MOT. I still have the original cat thankfully.

Also found a used rs4 fuel rail on eBay for cheap so had that and kept the return valve, just need s3 injectors and fuel pump internals then a map.

there is another valve on eBay if anyone needs one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254255819737

also have a set of xenon headlights to split open and play with.

I’ll offer the current monster exhaust on here before eBay when it eventually comes off. Turbo back as in earlier pictures.

plenty to do ......