Garage can't prove what the fault is

kog

Reaction score
Took my car for a diagnostics this morning and they had a fault code EGR position sensor error, the the garage can't be sure if it is the egr valve though. The car drives fine for a few miles then the coil light blinks and the car goes into limp mode until its stopped and started again. The car is fine for several miles until it blinks again and goes into limpmode.

Anyone on here familiar with this issue?

Are you able to remove the EGR and clean it out?
I used to do this annually with my past cars (diesel engined) as I know how easily they clog up and cause issues.

Are you able to remove the EGR and clean it out?
I used to do this annually with my past cars (diesel engined) as I know how easily they clog up and cause issues.

Hi Davey, well I'm no mechanic but I believe on this A3 2011 plate the egr is positioned in the most stupidly difficult place imaginable. Right at the back of the engine behind various pipe work. And for a part that has a high failure rate part it makes me wonder what Audi engineers were smoking and drinking when they designed this engine, its shockingly trash. If I had a garage to work in I'd attempt it myself but that is not so.