Transfer box a3 bmn quattro 170 nip 2007

sd4w5on

Reaction score
Hi guys I've a audi a3 Quattro s line 170bhp BMN engine 2007 plate, i paid £5000 april last year, ive had reconditioned turbo, egr cooler, head gasket skimmed,dpf deleted.
I had the turbo fitted 2 weeks at a local garage 2 weeks later driving down to Kent a bolt popped off my transfer box causing god knows what damage, I had the AA bring my car back to stoke, the car still drives 10-15 mph but not going in reverse. I daren't put my foot down in case something really goes wrong.
The garage have denied any bolt coming off but I no 100% it was from the transfer box. I've priced one up but was looking for advice one what other vehicles I could I get one from I looks forward to some good advice

Attachments

• 20190304_061033.jpg
    20190304_061033.jpg
    905.5 KB · Views: 253
The 2.0 BKD transfer boxes should fit, input shaft bearing went in my gearbox and I swapped it with the gearbox out of a Skoda Octavia with a BMM so that should fit also. Are you sure it hasn’t damaged the gearbox if that bolt has come out?

Reactions: sd4w5on
The 2.0 BKD transfer boxes should fit, input shaft bearing went in my gearbox and I swapped it with the gearbox out of a Skoda Octavia with a BMM so that should fit also. Are you sure it hasn’t damaged the gearbox if that bolt has come out?

Eh up thanks for getting back to me, yes you are right I had a call from the garage yesterday and he said the transfer box looks ok sounds more like the gearbox has can't get reverse, for its worth get a gearbox with the transfer still connected and see how it goes. I'm now searching for a unit now at a reasonable price, I'm just worried about getting a dodgy one has not had much look with this a3

I got lucky when my gearbox went as the Skoda mentioned above belonged to a friend who had crashed it. He kept it for bits for his replacement Octavia but let me have the gearbox. Yours isn’t the red 56plate with gearbox issues for sale on Facebook by any chance is it?

I got lucky when my gearbox went as the Skoda mentioned above belonged to a friend who had crashed it. He kept it for bits for his replacement Octavia but let me have the gearbox. Yours isn’t the red 56plate with gearbox issues for sale on Facebook by any chance is it?

It is mate I've been looking all over the net today for a box, with it been the Quattro it's quite expensive. I dare not just get a transfer box and have it put on and it still be the same, the garage said get both bit it's money money..

Hi guys the gearbox in my audi is a HVZ, is there any other gear box I could use instead, I can't seem to find one with that gear box code. Do I have to have like for like I'm really struggling I need some help

Fuq will fit, there’s one on eBay now. The ratios might be abit shorter though being off a 140 not 170 but it won’t affect the actual fitting of it

Fuq will fit, there’s one on eBay now. The ratios might be abit shorter though being off a 140 not 170 but it won’t affect the actual fitting of it

How will changing the transfer box’s drive ratio not affect the wheel speed between the front and rear wheels ? Something will get destroyed

Fuq is a gearbox not a transfer box. By the ratios are different I mean that HVZ might do 70 in 4th at 3000rpm where the fuq might do 60. The transfer box ratio will be the same. Nothing will get destroyed