Help/advice regarding head light...

Vagster73

Reaction score
Upgrade.

I have a 2008 S Line and am in the process of updating the car, currently have a few bits one of which is a honeycomb grille.

I want to upgrade/update my headlights as this is all new to me what are my options??

Can I buy a plug and play light or would I need coding once fitted??

Any photos or links to items would be appreciated

Are your headlights HIDs? There's some great Morimoto bulbs out there you can get from t8ups, who is a member on here, to update the light output. No coding needed if it's just a bulb upgrade. Depending on how far you want to go you can also do a clear lens swap (assuming you have HIDs with projectors). You'll get the most light output from the bulbs that way.

Hello ErenS3, these are my lights, they look a bit dated, hence wanting to bring them up to date. Not too sure if a later A3 light would work or if I should just buy the projector lights off ebay?
20190314 071652

Ah yeah, I see now. Well there are plug and play HID kits for halogen headlights which are pretty reliable. The usual goes, the more you spend the more you get. There's a bit of dispute as to whether HIDs are legal in halogen headlights without levellers and washers etc. I had Morimoto HIDs in my previous car with halogen headlights and the cutoff was spot on, never got flashed or never failed an MOT (before all the changes I might add) so it's up to you.

With regards to whole new lights, would these fit?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xenon-Pr...del:A3&hash=item41fc9ad8b1:g:LrUAAOSwBBRcbYZc

With wiring and coding etc, I'm not overly qualified to comment but there's tons of knowledgeable guys and girls on here who will be able to help :)

Whatever you do (aside from any legalities of fitting such a kit to a non-projector headlamp ) do not fit any form of HID kit to an A3 , it will fry the windscreen wiper motor .
Some may say they’ve fitted one without problems etc but it’s a known issue with the A3.