Headlight switch retrofit

Edd Malov

Reaction score
I have a 2007 A3 tdi and I’ve recently done a 2010 facelift to halogen lights , not a more common bixenon lights . Obviously I have bought a chrome switch from Newer A3 and plugged it in and voila , all lights up and fancy . My question is , when I turn the switch to any position , the lights stay on , I can’t turn them off neither do anything . I originally bought it out of curiosity as I wanted to have a matching chrome headlight switch front of my door cards with chrome . Is there anything I need to repin ? Or code ? Or replace or rewire ? Ideally I would like to have drl lights on and rears off like the proper facelifts do when switch on drl but I’m guessing there is far more to do than just plug it in . Also my old switch has two connectors when this new drl one has 3 (one with two pin connector ) and I’m not sure what it’s for .
07EB337A D92D 43B2 841B 3AFBBEDEE7BD
A9E53670 0157 422A 8B9E 1B0300A131CB

Hope to hear from you and have a nice day .

The 2 pin connector on facelifts is a positive single wire feed, I didnt have time to r&d a workaround tbh.

So what would I need to do to get this to work on my car ? Would I have to recode the switch to my car ? Or is it completely impossible to do this ?

Last edited:
You need to compare schematics & test positions on both.