Facelift Audi S3 - 2018 - Outstanding Recall since 15th March 2019?

desi112

Reaction score
Website
www.globalsoundrecords.co.uk
Hey Guys,

I was randomly browsing the internet and thought I'd check if there had been any recalls on my Audi S3 (2018) 8V Saloon S-Tronic, to my surprise it was announced on Friday that it needs to be recalled (see image)

Anyone know why the car has been recalled? Has your Audi Been recalled?

Link - https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

View attachment 177991

Attachments

• recall.png
    recall.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 405
Ask your Audi dealer - you can also check the reason on Erwin.

I know you’re prob busting for an answer whilst waiting on Audi opening their doors, also curious at this side!

I found this online after a bit of a search (couldn’t find this ‘Erwin’ website that’s been mentioned). This may or may not be related, I say that because the website I found it on, makes reference to the “Volkswagen Group Rus LLC”, which is the official representative of the Audi manufacturer in the Russian market. Just a theory but I guess they may have been built in a Russian plant? all guesses until you phone Audi in the morn I suppose. But here’s what I found;

Website link; https://www.marketwatch.com/press-r...-about-the-recall-of-431-audi-cars-2019-03-14

Quote from site;
“239 Audi A3 cars sold in the period from 2018 to 2019 are subject to recall , with VIN-codes according to the application.

The reason for the recall of vehicles is the possible violation of the technological process of manufacturing the head restraint of the rear middle seat. The consequence of this may be that the head restraint, mounted on the middle seat of the rear bench seat, in case of an accident will not provide full protection.

The vehicles will be checked and, if necessary, the rear center head restraint will be replaced.”

APR Stage 2+

I've tried erwin and made an account etc, but its now asking me to pay to view any details on the site...7 EUR for 1hr...

I guess I'll give my local audi garage a call some time in the future as I doubt they will be aware of the recall yet

Even if my car was subject to this recall I wouldn't be going out of my way to have it done.
I never carry any rear passengers at all never mind 3 at the same time! :D

Reactions: Janice_3S3