problem child with problem error code.

lipwig

Reaction score
hi have a recurring issue with my a5 3.0tdi quattro 8T3 ,
probably been mentioned a thousand times but never seen one like this,
Keep getting after the 4th/5th start up the usual throttle actuator bank 1 implausible signal error , loom has been checked through plugs double checked and vaseline spread copiusly around to stop water ingress, new throttle body albeit a pattern part , new egr vlave and new glow plugs, does have diesel tuning box fitted so has been run with and without makes no difference , hooked seperate earth leads made no difference mmi all up to date and no other error codes present. swirl flaps working as intended and not sticking or jammed swirl flaps actuator motor and turbo boost controller stable and not fluttering , running out of ideas was going to try a used throttle body to see if the pattern one had upset those snowflake like electronics that audis seem to have getting frustrated now.

Mine's was the throttle body.
I bought a pattern part and it kept throwing cel.
I actually saw a guy on YouTube fixing a throttle body. (A5)
The cogs inside are made of plastic and wear so he made metal ones.
I contacted him and bought the metal cogs (for £30 i think, was 4 years ago) rebuilt throttle body, been running fine ever since.
Mine's a 3.0tdi 2007

Reactions: lipwig
thanks for reply , i must admit i kept thinking was it wise to buy pattern part knowing how audi's can hate them, just got to try and remember what i did with old one now.

so finally tracked down a secondhand butterfly valve with the right software variant for car from germany worked out cheaper buying from there than from the uk aswell , fitted it and as of yet no eml light no fault codes logged will monitor next few days but seems the moral is , yes you can buy pattern ones alot cheaper but don't.

Reactions: jezzy