New to Audi & the Forum, Hi from Scotland

Rusky27

Reaction score
Hi all, Thought I'd introduce myself and how I got here. I've recently been given (I know given??) a 2005 A4 B7 1.9tdi s line Avant Phantom black. I'm working through the various things I knew that were wrong with her (171,000miles) and preparing her for becoming my daily driver.

When I got her my mate said she needed an mot and pointed out the headlight bulb and centre exhaust box would need replaced, but also a service was well overdue. He loved the car and wanted to pass on to me as she had served him well.

So in the past week thanks to some reading in your forum, I've set about putting right what hasn't been done. So far I've replaced that faulty headlight bulb, done an oil change, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter also the cabin filter and reset the service light. I Paired the remotes as one wasn't working due to battery, so I swapped them both for new batteries.
Replaced the rear wiper motor (someone disconected the old broken one and disconnected the water pipe!!!)
and hopefully this week replace the centre exhaust as its peeling like an onion.

Hopefully that will be her ready for MOT but next month I want to get the timing belt & water pump done as the service book mentions nothing about any timing belt change, just that it was due at 80000?? on the book its been long life servicing lol whats that all about? Anyway although the mate said he replaced belt etc at 100 000 miles. Which I reckon it is overdue a timing belt change and replace the aux belt at same time is a must, looks not too worse for ware lot of brown dust around plastic cover mind you. But not worth risking.

Future things are getting the engine mounts done need to buy some kit and read more before I tackle that but reckon its worth doing as engine seems to move a bit on revs. and then address and paint the peeling mark 1 tt 9 spoke alloys and various battle scars. Ive set myself a time scale of October as I'm not driving her at the moment which makes repairs less pressure and more fun. I must say I have'nt repaired and fixed a car since my early days of motoring 20 years ago but with all the wealth of knowledge on here its made things so much easier.

Anyhow thanks for reading.

Cheers
Russ

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunedin, Audi Bairn and Sandra
Hi Russ, welcome to audi-sport.net. Glad you have found plenty of info on the forum to make life easier for you. Any pics of the car? Enjoy the forum

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Thanks Sandra, Here's a few rough and ready pics after a wee wash and a well needed clean up

Attachments

• IMG_7789.JPG
    IMG_7789.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_7788.JPG
    IMG_7788.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_7798.jpg
    IMG_7798.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_7793.JPG
    IMG_7793.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: Audi Bairn and Sandra
Looks really tidy Russ.

Reactions: Rusky27
It will get there, you should have seen it the carpet was a mixture of boiled sweets, lego, dog hair and rubbish!
I've got paint wear flaking off on back bumper and a scuff on the front Nearside but hey..... its a free car!!!
I was blown away with all electrics working even the seats, lol hope I've not jinxed it now hahah

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra
Welcome @Rusky27 :thumbs up:

Car looks really good.

I had a '57 plate 2.0TFSI BE saloon and really liked it.

Loads of help available on here if you need it. Also loads of fellow Scots too.

Reactions: Dunedin, Rusky27 and Sandra
Cheers Audi Bairn - Its got me back into tinkering with cars like a teenager again. I love the time warp Nokia phone holder, I wondered if I could utilise this for. a smart phone hehe.

Reactions: Audi Bairn