Wing Mirror Trim

A3 Bloke

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new here

Bought a replacement trim for my A3 Sportback 2010, it looks like it should snap in place (wishful thinking no doubt) but I can't work out how... Does anyone know where I can find instructions? Thanks! Paul

Attachments

• A3 2010 lower trim.jpg
    A3 2010 lower trim.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 207
You just need to get a trim tool between existing cover and mirror and lever it off(quite firmly), if your fitted one is damaged then you don't worry too much about marking it more. then the new one will just clip on.

You just need to get a trim tool between existing cover and mirror and lever it off(quite firmly), if your fitted one is damaged then you don't worry too much about marking it more. then the new one will just clip on.

Thanks but it has already been helpfully removed by a passing vehicle - just need to get the lower plastic trim on as in pic...

Attachments

• Wing mirror.jpg
    Wing mirror.jpg
    795.7 KB · Views: 216
Iirc you need to fit the indicator led using access from inside the mirror. Once the glass is removed you’ll be able to see where to screw it in and also gain access to the plug.

Iirc you need to fit the indicator led using access from inside the mirror. Once the glass is removed you’ll be able to see where to screw it in and also gain access to the plug.
Thanks but indicator is intact and working fine. Just need to get the bottom black trim cover on, I'm sure it's the correct part but lining up all the lugs (no screws/holes) is difficult!

Yes, you need to take the indicator and top trim cover off, prize the mirror off gently and you'll see the lugs and screws.

plastic pry tool and torx driver, really very easy.