ACC / S-Tronic malfunction

b0k

Reaction score
I have had two instances of the same issue on my S-Tronic Quattro in past 2 months. On adaptive cruise control (once at 30ish and once at 40ish), flat road. First time I heard a strange noise, was looking around me for source before I realised it was my engine at high revs! Had slipped into neutral whilst still on ACC, but like software wasn’t aware it was in neutral, it tried to maintain speed by increasing revs. Before I realised what was happening a message came up saying it had exited ACC mode. Same thing happened a few weeks later. Called Audi dealer and of course they want to have it in and look at diagnostics. I don’t see why they can’t do a search first to save me possible wasted trip. Booked in in a few weeks.

Anyone had similar?

Took it in recently and got software update.

Reactions: cuke2u
Fix one thing (hopefully) and break another! This software update for ACC has made the traffic ACC function unusable. I mean the feature which in heavy traffic brings car to a stop and moves it off again automatically. Now not smooth - slips the clutch in such a way that I would say verges on burning the clutch.

Will have to report this to Audi for yet another future software update. Pretty annoying.

2.0 TFSI 252 hp Quattro with dual clutch auto

Ok thanks, I was just checking which model gearbox you may have in case it was the similar to mine and looking around various forums to see if there are any with similar issues. I think it is the same gearbox, only quattro, and is a DL382-7Q.
You may wish to search the interweb for any issues similar to yours with this model. I've done a quick one and couldn't find any..

Good idea, thanks.

I suspect not much as it’s a new update and I hardly ever use this functionality- took me a few weeks to even realise there was an issue.

Reactions: cuke2u