Help Please Write off??

Thomas-d97

Reaction score
So last night I hit a deer which as you can see left more than a mark,the car is a 63 plate,recovery vehicle driver thought it may be a write of due to cost of all repairs
Anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Attachments

• 832B5D03-82AE-4593-BB07-9EFE803D95EF.jpeg
    832B5D03-82AE-4593-BB07-9EFE803D95EF.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 330
  • 91C1C33E-1DD3-4039-B820-F40086A084D7.jpeg
    91C1C33E-1DD3-4039-B820-F40086A084D7.jpeg
    402.2 KB · Views: 298
Does look a bit pricey, insurance would almost definitely write that off, personally I'd repair it and not go through insurance but I know not everyone is that way inclined.

From what's visible looks like bonnet, wing, fog light, headlight, grille (then of course maybe bumper bar and radiator but can't see that plus anything else if it's not driving straight).

Reactions: Meemo
Reckon its £2,500 straight off for new panels, painting and fitting. All depends what damage is behind the bumper, any codes on VCDS? If it is a write off, you can buy back, but will be class C which goes with the car history and has to be disclosed.

ouch. I would do the same as @DieselJake and take the hit if you really like the car, even if you get a lump sum and buy back, loss in resale is unsavoury after claiming.
But I would also take the event as an excuse to do a front end rs conversion, I am not sure, but the kit from Xenonz UK may be the same or less than new bumpers on line anyway. Maybe do some research to be sure :)

Reactions: DieselJake
When I hit a deer in my B5 S4 it needed the same parts replacing and it wasn't a write-off.

Yes to references to parts but they are all replaceable by you, nothing too complicated there (or a friendly garage). Get it checked out by the same friendly garage for price estimate BEFORE you declare to you insurance company.

I'd be concerned about;
  1. bumper bar / offside chassis;
  2. Steering rack;
  3. offside wheel plus all associated joints to steering rack;
  4. brake system on offside;
plus other stuff.

I had a similar hit and got it checked over by a garage, who suggested that if I procured the parts they could get it done for a fraction of the (insurance estimates ) costs.
No damage to chassis etc, so only body parts and the colour match was perfect (standard out of the bx colour just meant the rest of the needed a quick bit of paint detailing - professional job.

I would explore as many options as possible

Reactions: MuPPeT_ON_TouR and Meemo