2.0tfsi special edition project

At least you have it back now, things could have turned out a lot worse Ricky.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
Just found this build thread of that beautiful red girl and been having a trip down memory lane reading and seeing how much the car changed and the help you lot always offered me i found myself smiling away sat here, it was an awesome journey defiantly regret not finding the time to meet you all at an ASN car meet/display at an event, someone message me if anything's on the cards this summer would love to tag along in the Mrs A3 and have a chat :)

I do miss that little thing.

Thanks again you legends :icon thumright:

Repaint

Repaint3

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper, Charlie Farley, Bobbytea and 1 other person
Just found this build thread of that beautiful red girl and been having a trip down memory lane reading and seeing how much the car changed and the help you lot always offered me i found myself smiling away sat here, it was an awesome journey defiantly regret not finding the time to meet you all at an ASN car meet/display at an event, someone message me if anything's on the cards this summer would love to tag along in the Mrs A3 and have a chat :)

I do miss that little thing.

Thanks again you legends :icon thumright:

View attachment 249193
View attachment 249194
Wish I could of bought this for my first TFSI but it went almost as soon as you put it up

Wish I could of bought this for my first TFSI but it went almost as soon as you put it up
Yeah sold the same day, would of been nice having a forum member take her on think it’s been sold on since the new owner as well so god knows where it is, hopefully in good hands.

Sold the same day because it was a great car and worth having.
Sad that you sold it Ricky, they are making a strong comeback now, well good ones are.

Sold the same day because it was a great car and worth having.
Sad that you sold it Ricky, they are making a strong comeback now, well good ones are.
It sure was Rob thanks for the help along the way, defiantly helped me out massively.

Yeah prices of everything are sky high, shame she didn't crash into me now i would of had a decent payout lol.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I bet life with the silver Arrow is not as interesting.

Last edited:
That said I did go to view an AMG sport estate last week, 2012, looked nice from the outside but the interior was very cheap and flimsy, build quality was very poor compared to my old bus.

I bet life with the silver Arrow is not as interesting.
I've always loved Mercedes from a boy around 6-7 ish when i seen a model of a red SL gullwing in our local shop that i saved up my earnings and bought my Dad for his birthday so as much as the Mercedes forum is a bit poop its never boring for me looking at that 3 pointed star everyday :icon thumright:

That said I did go to view an AMG sport estate last week, 2012, looked nice from the outside but the interior was very cheap and flimsy, build quality was very poor compared to my old bus.
How come you was looking at that then mate? Not thinking of jumping ship are you the B7 section needs you.

Mines a 2015 so its still a 212 chassis i think the interior is great quality, apart from the artificial leather they have :blink: the earlier 212's 2009-12 or 13 are very plasticky though and yes very cheap feeling and dated.
Interior

Don't look at that eyesore of a winter mat though...

I'm happy with the old bus Ricky , it looks great, does all I ask and owes me nothing so a win, win situation really.

I was just snooping Autotrader as one does and this AMG caught my eye, it was local so had a look.
Great shape etc but inside was rubbish quality and those naff artificial leather seats, whats that all about, I'll be sticking with what I have. :thumbs up:

I'm happy with the old bus Ricky , it looks great, does all I ask and owes me nothing so a win, win situation really.

I was just snooping Autotrader as one does and this AMG caught my eye, it was local so had a look.
Great shape etc but inside was rubbish quality and those naff artificial leather seats, whats that all about, I'll be sticking with what I have. :thumbs up:

Were they "retro" vinyl seats Rob?
Trip down memory lane.

The seats are a mystery to me Rob there's an option from factory for proper leather but you'd think an E would come with it stock, the Mrs A3 feels worlds apart and that's an flipping A3 :expressionless:

Your like me just mooching around on ebay and autotrader innocently enough with a cuppa next minute something catches your eye and your finding excuses to why you need it.

The seats are a mystery to me Rob there's an option from factory for proper leather but you'd think an E would come with it stock, the Mrs A3 feels worlds apart and that's an flipping A3 :expressionless:

Your like me just mooching around on ebay and autotrader innocently enough with a cuppa next minute something catches your eye and your finding excuses to why you need it.
It's that dreaded, oh that looks nice and it's local, then bang its open wallet time again....Sadly I tend to think about it more these days so the wallet gets put away again no worse for wears...lol

It's that dreaded, oh that looks nice and it's local, then bang its open wallet time again....Sadly I tend to think about it more these days so the wallet gets put away again no worse for wears...lol
I need to learn how you do that resisting thing i hear people talk about I'm the worst for impulse buying.

I need to learn how you do that resisting thing i hear people talk about I'm the worst for impulse buying.
It's not easy and has taken me years to get a grip of it, still happens though and has again as I've seen another rs4.
That said I've been in the market for a nice one for so long now it's not really an impulse purchase, more of an overdue investment. :thumbs up:
I'm kinda making up for lost years.

It maybe another red herring in which case I'll stick the cash back in the pension pot .

Indeed I am, sometimes seems like another groundhog day .. :yes: