S3 - any recommendations for 50k miles?

HertS3

Reaction score
My S3 is just about to hit 50k miles (2014 model, just over 4 years old now) and I wondered if any particular checks are recommended.

I got the car 6 months ago and changed DSG oil, Haldex oil (including the elusive filter clean!), engine oil, spark plugs, coolant and brake fluid so seemed to have covered everything mentioned in the 'additional' services mentioned in service booklet.

Last edited:
Change the pollen filter and air con service so you are ready for the summer.
Not sure about the s3 but if the diff oil is separate to the haldex or dsg oil then I would get them done too.

I got the car 6 months ago and changed DSG oil, Haldex oil (including the elusive filter clean!), engine oil, spark plugs, coolant and brake fluid so seemed to have covered everything mentioned in the 'additional' services mentioned in service booklet.
If I read that correctly, does this mean the previous owner didn't have the big service items above done at 38k miles?

Yep you read it correctly!
Remembered that air and pollen filters were also changed 6 months ago. Does air con really need doing? I’ve had it done once on my other car (Mini) in 8 years when the gas ran out due to a loose pipe and the air wasn’t cold any more.

They were done at 44k miles / 3.5 years (probably around 6 months after the car reached 38k)

Does air con really need doing?
I wouldn't bother as long as it's doing what it's meant to do.

I never touched the air con in the allroad I had for twelve years from new, and it worked faultlessly.

And I'd ignore the exhortations from your local dealer to have it done every month and at least every ten days in summer.

I'd never want to accuse a dealership of attempting to squeeze your pips for work which isn't really necessary, because I'm absolutely sure that they're far too honest to ever do that.

As long as it gets used frequently, doesn't smell like your granny's support stockings when you turn it on and gets as cold as it's supposed to when it's supposed to, leave it alone.

Reactions: TYb, TonkS3 and HertS3
sounds like everything is covered albeit a little late, but the 2 x diffs wouldn't hurt a change (DIY job about 2 litres of 75w90 I think) Audi claim these never need to be serviced but why the hell not for £30