Rough Monthly’s for leasing?

KieranJ22

Reaction score
Hello, I’ve had a search but I can’t see much on here. I’m looking to get another a3, but to lease. I’ve owned a c250 for the past 6 months and I miss my a3. This would be my first time leasing though and I’m not sure on what a good price would be for the following.

A3 saloon
S Line / Black edition
10k miles
16 plate onwards
24 months
9/12 months rental
Maintenance/service included

I’m hoping it will be around £250-£300, o think it may be £300-£350:

I’ve heard carwow has some good deals. Any help appreciated.

I bought my 2019 A3 Sportback through Carwow. I cannot recall the pcp payments as I cleared the finance soon after. The near £5K discount over list was however very attractive and I would advise you get a quote off them. Carnet are also worth a look. Drivethedeal are competitive but they do not have a trade-in facility.

Colin

Reactions: NevMan
Take a look at leasing sites, would obviously be the best bet. Selectcarleasing.com is a popular one

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

There's a leasing section on whatcar.com that compares available deals.

Using that site, leasing direct from Audi worked out cheapest for me.

Thank you for the replies, il have a read on that link. The Mercedes forums have nothing on Audi sport

Reactions: voorhees, Bristle Hound, NevMan and 1 other person
Sometimes I think your betting going hp on a used car over pcp. Everywhere I’ve looked it always works out more a month then still have a huge sum to pay at the end as I was looking at pcp on a used s3

Reactions: davc
Hi @Kieran Johnson, just to give you an idea, I pay £384 per month on a 23month lease (£384 up front payment too). A3 saloon, black edition, 1.5 S Tronic, tech pack, brand new car, 8000 miles per year. That was in 2017 - I ended up getting it directly from Audi Crewe (Swansway group). I’m guessing you may be able to get it even cheaper with the new model being announced later this year.

Sometimes I think your betting going hp on a used car over pcp. Everywhere I’ve looked it always works out more a month then still have a huge sum to pay at the end as I was looking at pcp on a used s3
A perfect example to prove your point!!! :wtf:

Lnfao

Lmfao2

Interest rate 10.37%!!!

Even if you got a loan for the full £24,000 it would be cheaper per month (granted over 5 years but it would be yours):
Loan

@Kieran Johnson, as comparison for the PCP price, I put £1,000 down on both my S3 and A5 coupe brand new, payments over 36 months £380'ish.

Reactions: NevMan, davc, Bristle Hound and 2 others
Hi @Kieran Johnson, just to give you an idea, I pay £384 per month on a 23month lease (£384 up front payment too). A3 saloon, black edition, 1.5 S Tronic, tech pack, brand new car, 8000 miles per year. That was in 2017 - I ended up getting it directly from Audi Crewe (Swansway group). I’m guessing you may be able to get it even cheaper with the new model being announced later this year.
That sounds something I’d be interested in, I would rather pay a higher initial rental for lower monthly’s. Thanks for that

A perfect example to prove your point!!! :wtf:

View attachment 179534
View attachment 179535

Interest rate 10.37%!!!

Even if you got a loan for the full £24,000 it would be cheaper per month (granted over 5 years but it would be yours):
View attachment 179536

@Kieran Johnson, as comparison for the PCP price, I put £1,000 down on both my S3 and A5 coupe brand new, payments over 36 months £380'ish.

Bonkers isn’t it. 510 for a A1. Surely if you went into the dealer they could do something with that price and the apr.

Reactions: davc and S32B
@Kieran Johnson No worries, hope you find a good deal. I’d recommend the salesman who I dealt with but he’s left the dealership. Currently looking for a new lease as mine is up in Sep. Stable Vehicle Contracts often have good deals but from experience they’ve had no urgency in providing me with quotes when I’ve requested previously.

Thing that’s stopped me going for a 30-40k car is I don’t understand how they work things out with pcp, obvs I don’t earn a huge amount of money per year but I earn enough to be able to afford 300-400 which is less then the recommended 25% of your wage on a car that I keep reading etc.

But is the 25% of the wage over the course of the loan so say wage of 20k per year so quarter of that over 4 years would be 20k list price on the car etc or would the 25% be max of around 25k list price on a 100k wage

I bought my current car with a bank loan at the time it was 9% as I had a default and that wouldn’t have helped but that’s now gone so I’d like to think I’d get a much better rate now

I’ve never took the plunge as I don’t wanna have a search on my file for no reason.

Thing that’s stopped me going for a 30-40k car is I don’t understand how they work things out with pcp, obvs I don’t earn a huge amount of money per year but I earn enough to be able to afford 300-400 which is less then the recommended 25% of your wage on a car that I keep reading etc.

But is the 25% of the wage over the course of the loan so say wage of 20k per year so quarter of that over 4 years would be 20k list price on the car etc or would the 25% be max of around 25k list price on a 100k wage

I bought my current car with a bank loan at the time it was 9% as I had a default and that wouldn’t have helped but that’s now gone so I’d like to think I’d get a much better rate now

I’ve never took the plunge as I don’t wanna have a search on my file for no reason.
Just decide what YOU can afford each month on a car, not what someone else online, in a paper etc. tells you.

No matter how you buy a car you will lose money! Just get into your head "How much do I want to blow/lose on a car each month?".

Options:
1) Get a £17k-£22 loan for your £300-£400 and buy a car for that price, loan for that amount/repayments are over 5 years. The the car is yours at the end.

2) Put a deposit (of your choice) down and get a new car on a pcp for your £300-£400, you could have a more expensive car and just switch it every 3 years. At the end IF there isn't any equity in the car you're not bothered, if there is it's a bonus.

3) Lease a car, again put a deposit down and pay your monthly payments, at the end hand it back and start again. (road tax is paid for you).

Great example of a lease £900 down and then £306 per month for a car worth £30k, 3 years and 10,000 miles per year (You can alter the months upfront, miles and term to suit):
Lease

Just decide what YOU can afford each month on a car, not what someone else online, in a paper etc. tells you.

No matter how you buy a car you will lose money! Just get into your head "How much do I want to blow/lose on a car each month?".

Options:
1) Get a £17k-£22 loan for your £300-£400 and buy a car for that price, loan for that amount/repayments are over 5 years. The the car is yours at the end.

2) Put a deposit (of your choice) down and get a new car on a pcp for your £300-£400, you could have a more expensive car and just switch it every 3 years. At the end IF there isn't any equity in the car you're not bothered, if there is it's a bonus.

3) Lease a car, again put a deposit down and pay your monthly payments, at the end hand it back and start again. (road tax is paid for you).

Great example of a lease £900 down and then £306 per month for a car worth £30k, 3 years and 10,000 miles per year (You can alter the months upfront, miles and term to suit):
View attachment 179545

I’d Prbz ideally to pcp on a new car in the hope it has some equity. But what happens if it’s below the gurentee price ?? Does the dealer swallow the pill and I walk away with nothing worse case senario?

I’d Prbz ideally to pcp on a new car in the hope it has some equity. But what happens if it’s below the gurentee price ?? Does the dealer swallow the pill and I walk away with nothing worse case senario?
They give you a final payment/to buy price (GFV old term), if it's worth less than that you can just give them the keys and walk away and it's their loss, as long as you've done the miles you have said, kept it serviced and kept it in good condition. As for equity, do not bank on it! Hence why I said "Decide on how much you want to blow/lose on a car each month. At the end IF there's equity in the car it's a bonus, if there isn't no matter".

They give you a final payment/to buy price (GFV old term), if it's worth less than that you can just give them the keys and walk away and it's their loss, as long as you've done the miles you have said, kept it serviced and kept it in good condition. As for equity, do not bank on it! Hence why I said "Decide on how much you want to blow/lose on a car each month. At the end IF there's equity in the car it's a bonus, if there isn't no matter".

I don’t mind walking away with nothing. As long as I can arrange another care to delivery on the date it’s due to go back etc. I got Offered 11500 for a 63 plate tdi about 3 weeks ago when I was looking at a golf gtd ( didn’t like it at all after the test drive ).

I’d imagine the garage wouldnt have been making much on that as it was due a cambelt and doesn’t have fsh. Maybe he knew it would sell quickly so he didn’t mind offering that much but I though that was good considering I payed 15500 24 month ago

I don’t mind walking away with nothing. As long as I can arrange another care to delivery on the date it’s due to go back etc. I got Offered 11500 for a 63 plate tdi about 3 weeks ago when I was looking at a golf gtd ( didn’t like it at all after the test drive ).

I’d imagine the garage wouldnt have been making much on that as it was due a cambelt and doesn’t have fsh. Maybe he knew it would sell quickly so he didn’t mind offering that much but I though that was good considering I payed 15500 24 month ago

Have you paid the loan off for the car you have now ?

I pay 260 a month for a 2016 a3 sline 7 speed auto 150. At the end i can trade in, walk away or folk out 8k to own it.

So I have a deposit on a used a3 saloon but I’m now debating whether to lease a newer car. I’ve found a 68 plate a3 saloon black edition 35 tfsi s Tronic.

My current car has a trade in value of £15k with no finance. Does anyone know if Audi would take my car, I leave a 3k deposit then lease, and they give the rest back? Or does it not work like that? I’m assuming they’d just send it to auction

So I have a deposit on a used a3 saloon but I’m now debating whether to lease a newer car. I’ve found a 68 plate a3 saloon black edition 35 tfsi s Tronic.

My current car has a trade in value of £15k with no finance. Does anyone know if Audi would take my car, I leave a 3k deposit then lease, and they give the rest back? Or does it not work like that? I’m assuming they’d just send it to auction

It’s up to you what you want.

I’ve just got 10500 for my car. I’m putting 2000 down and taking the rest so Audi can do it that way if you want

It’s up to you what you want.

I’ve just got 10500 for my car. I’m putting 2000 down and taking the rest so Audi can do it that way if you want

Was that car bought through them before on hp/pcp? I have a Mercedes

So after looking around on Audi used approved I’ve found a 35tfsi nano grey saloon black edition for £26k. It has parking system plus, comfort and sound pack and Audi sport alloys (plus a few smaller extras).

On their finance calculator for SPCP, if I put £3.5k deposit down for 3 years with 10k miles I’m looking at £390 per month. (There’s an offer for two free services aswell)

Will I be able to get this monthly price down a bit without changing the deposit/miles or is that the best im looking at?

So after looking around on Audi used approved I’ve found a 35tfsi nano grey saloon black edition for £26k. It has parking system plus, comfort and sound pack and Audi sport alloys (plus a few smaller extras).

On their finance calculator for SPCP, if I put £3.5k deposit down for 3 years with 10k miles I’m looking at £390 per month. (There’s an offer for two free services aswell)

Will I be able to get this monthly price down a bit without changing the deposit/miles or is that the best im looking at?
I'd argue you could negotiate a better discount (so no need for that size deposit). A3 is an "old" model now, so plenty of discounts going around.
I found if you don't ask you don't get, in terms of discounts. Had two used Audi's now and had decent discount on both (c.10+%) just by negotiating hard

To compare a used vs new: I had a brand new S3 with £1,000 down and 10,000 mile per year for £380! The same with this A5 coupe, £1,000 down and £380 per month on 36 months.

Reactions: KenL
To compare a used vs new: I had a brand new S3 with £1,000 down and 10,000 mile per year for £380! The same with this A5 coupe, £1,000 down and £380 per month on 36 months.

I take it your deal isn't pcp ?

I have no idea how you got that, what was the list price and spec?

Around £38k ;) list!!! 2.0 petrol s-line s-tronic, with options of folding mirrors, extended led lights, flat bottom steering wheel, hill hold, tinted windows.

Reactions: NevMan
As I said you just gotta be bold when asking for a better deal, and be prepared to walk away if they won't budge.

Reactions: NevMan and S32B
As I said you just gotta be bold when asking for a better deal, and be prepared to walk away if they won't budge.

Exactly mate, they want to sell you a car, the easy money for them is in all the extras such as gap, paint protect, alloy cover etc..I think some people get intimidated once some paperwork and figures start to appear and forget they can still get up and walk away!!!

Reactions: NevMan and Adam14
Exactly mate, they want to sell you a car, the easy money for them is in all the extras such as gap, paint protect, alloy cover etc..I think some people get intimidated once some paperwork and figures start to appear and forget they can still get up and walk away!!!
That was me with the S5, didn't *need* to change so was prepared to walk away and they knocked another £1000 off the list price to get it to where I wanted it.
Second car I've got off of them as they know they'll make their money in future sales at the end of the day.

Reactions: S32B and NevMan

Your current car has a trade in of ~15k, can you not get a bank loan for the remaining 11k and pay a lot less a month?

Cheers,

Chris

Reactions: KenL and quattrorally

Why don’t you take a look on carwow it drivethedeal asking for quotes for a new A3 saloon 35TFSI with a few options you would like, you could be surprised at discounts being offered, especially as A3 coming to end of life?

As far as finance then goes, you can definitely negotiate, or look at other avenues (just google, plenty options out there).

Currently £2500 Audi deposit contribution on A3 saloon

https://www.audi.co.uk/finance-and-offers/pcp-deals.html

Your current car has a trade in of ~15k, can you not get a bank loan for the remaining 11k and pay a lot less a month?

Cheers,

Chris
Hi Chris

I have just under £6k on a bank loan which I was hoping to clear with the £15k. Use another £3-£4K as a deposit then put the rest in savings.

Reactions: Chris.D
Why don’t you take a look on carwow it drivethedeal asking for quotes for a new A3 saloon 35TFSI with a few options you would like, you could be surprised at discounts being offered, especially as A3 coming to end of life?

As far as finance then goes, you can definitely negotiate, or look at other avenues (just google, plenty options out there).

Currently £2500 Audi deposit contribution on A3 saloon

https://www.audi.co.uk/finance-and-offers/pcp-deals.html

Had a look on carwow, offers seem to be £400+

I haven’t checked in a while to be fair so i’ll have a look through now