ESP fault

StatedRain

Reaction score
Been having trouble starting the car lately, takes a couple seconds longer than normal and then today while it was struggling to start flagged up a esp error see owners manual or something along those lines, no error codes coming up on carista, any suggestions or ideas? I've seen the message pop up in the past for a split second but now it seems to be struggling to start I'm wondering if the 2 are connected?

Audi a3 1.9tdi 2008 plate

Mine does the ESP warning, I only do short journeys so the battery isn't 100% charged

Sounds like weak battery, with harder starts, that can flag esp error, its a bit of a red herring tbh.

Get a ctek charger or/& a new battery preferably a varta ultra silver dynamic from Tayna, then retest.

Mines ok after a run, just local drives aren't the best for charging, as you know :)

Mine does the ESP warning, I only do short journeys so the battery isn't 100% charged
I only do short journeys as well, 20/30minutes at most driving to town and back each day, so could be that.
Sounds like weak battery, with harder starts, that can flag esp error, its a bit of a red herring tbh.

Get a ctek charger or/& a new battery preferably a varta ultra silver dynamic from Tayna, then retest.
I'll get the battery on a charger 1st then as I'm assuming that battery wont be cheap lol thanks though

Saying that I done a run down the motorway on Saturday hour there and hour back, maybe not a long enough run then? Or probably battery has had enough after ~10years(assuming it's never been replaced).

I did 100 miles today, I can guarantee 100% mine won't do it tomorrow, just needs driving more/ charging