Engine management light issue??

AUD1_AL_2.0t

Reaction score
Good evening folks, looking for a bit of advice here regarding the engine management light on my A4 B7 2.0 tfsi.

So basically at the weekend after cleaning and checking over a few bits and bobs on my car I decided it would be a good idea to remove and drain oil from the intercooler pipes and then give the boost sensor a degrease, but after driving it tonight it felt down on power, so when go back home I rechecked the hoses and sensor only to find that I had forgotten to refit the plug connector for the boost sensor. DOH!!

The strange thing though, is that it didn't throw the management light on??And the light does work when the ignition is swithhed on so it's not as if the bulb has been removed. I also noticed that I had oil coming out of the variable valve solenoid plug, so I removed the plug and cleaned it with electrical cleaner, then out of curiousity I decided to fire the engine up with the solenoid plug disconnected to see if that would throw the management light on but it also didn't. So now I'm wondering if maybe before I've bough the car it's had a fault and somehow someone has set it not to throw the management light (on for sale purposes???)..... it's just a thought, but I'd like to know if anyone on here can shed some light on this for me.

Should I be concerned, and a disconnected boost sensor or valve timing solenoid throw an eml?? I would have thought so.

Is possible that a parameter or something within the ECU has been changed so that it won't throw codes at all??

Thanks in advance