APR Stage 1 owners

Berg

Reaction score
Evening, so I will be going stage 1and have chosen APR as Pipewerx is my local tuner and Jeff is my trusted master tech.

I note you have to have the TCU map done as well to see their quoted figures of circa 440bhp. I don’t really want to spend that much and don’t really need 440bhp as not tracking car.

However, ideally I would like to see a strong 400bhp. Is stage 1 on its own going to achieve that without intake etc? Thanks in advance

I presume your vehicle is an S4? I can only comment on the 2.0 TFSI, but in general, a remap will get you far more from an ROI point of view than the intake.

I went up from 208 to ~ 286BHP and i can tell you that you do become used to the additional power (as great as the increase is) and you may well want more, so get all you can in this tune, i would suggest!

Yes sorry, B8.5 S4.

I spent a fortune nodding my ED30 but don’t want to/cant go down that route again so doubt will go stage 2 never ultracharger!

Also, does stage 1 improve or diminish MPG? As seen certain reports of maps improving Mpg due to higher torque at lower revs etc

I haven't seen an increase in efficiency, unless i am very careful and change at 2K RPM every time. I wouldn't look at a map as improving MPG, primarily.

Regarding fuel, do you use premium? I use Tesco 99 RON based on lots of advice and with the APR map i have, there's a specific program for 98+ and one for 95. I understand that you wouldn't want to be using standard RON fuel on the higher RON map, this could cause issues (valve knock i believe has been mentioned, but not 100%)

I wish i had bought an S4 by the way, but situation didn't allow at the time! i'm sure you'll have fun with it once the map is on, it's made my A4 much more of a drivers car and given me big levels of torque over stock.

cheers, yeah I only use v power or momentum. just got 30mpg on long run from Lancashire to Cornwall but round town not sure am getting much above 20-22 as I only do short runs to work. I don’t want it to drop noticeably after map as I couldn’t live with RS4 mpg

A stage 1 on that engine does not need intake mods, and yes should exceed 400bhp. The main advantage of the TCU remap is to raise the redline, but that's something which is only beneficial when driving WOT and/or in M. It will only give another 5-10bhp at that top end. The other benefits in a TCU remap are more appropriate for stage 2.

Thanks Dippy, think will just stick to the Stage 1 then, it’s going to be enough for my purposes I’m not chasing numbers.

I have stage 1 APR with TCU but you don't need the TCU map but they do recommend it for stage 2. I made 421bhp and 393 ft/lb with standard intake and exhaust.

I have stage 1 APR with TCU but you don't need the TCU map but they do recommend it for stage 2. I made 421bhp and 393 ft/lb with standard intake and exhaust.
Impressive return, and I would be more than happy with that although might get Pipewerx mid box for a bit more noise so the 3.0 v6 can be heard

Impressive return, and I would be more than happy with that although might get Pipewerx mid box for a bit more noise so the 3.0 v6 can be heard
I've since put in an APR filter and BCS back boxes so if sounds as good as it moves

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I saw a couple of mpg increase on my DSG car after going APR stage 1. Interestingly enough it’s still worse on fuel than my old manual stage 2 car.