Q3 2019 Audi Q3 towbar

Cbrandon2k1

Reaction score
Hi all

First time posting here but wondered if anyone else is experiencing a similar issue.

We purchased brand new q3 a couple of months back. Love the new shape but we were hoping to use it to tow our small caravan. We talked about towing weights etc with the dealer and he even gave us a price for having a towbar fitted with Audi.

Once we collected the car we started looking around for a towbar and it appears one does not exist yet for the new model. I have tried all the main towbar manufacturers and they don’t even seem to know when one may be available. We tried Audi direct and have been told they are expecting the, to be released in June but still not confirmed and it is likely to cost us double the price circa £1200 getting one fitted direct with Audi.

Anyone else suffering the same issue or found a towbar manufacturer who has released one yet? Or has anyone had it with a previous model and know how long this sort of thing normally takes? I think they started building the new model in the middle of 2018 so seems a long time to get Towbars available.

Cheers

Chris

Ping me a whatsapp, see what I can do.

Hi all

First time posting here but wondered if anyone else is experiencing a similar issue.

We purchased brand new q3 a couple of months back. Love the new shape but we were hoping to use it to tow our small caravan. We talked about towing weights etc with the dealer and he even gave us a price for having a towbar fitted with Audi.

Once we collected the car we started looking around for a towbar and it appears one does not exist yet for the new model. I have tried all the main towbar manufacturers and they don’t even seem to know when one may be available. We tried Audi direct and have been told they are expecting the, to be released in June but still not confirmed and it is likely to cost us double the price circa £1200 getting one fitted direct with Audi.

Anyone else suffering the same issue or found a towbar manufacturer who has released one yet? Or has anyone had it with a previous model and know how long this sort of thing normally takes? I think they started building the new model in the middle of 2018 so seems a long time to get Towbars available.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

Not sure if you're still watching this post but I have gone round in circles and the upshot is that there are apparently production issues across all Q3 models in the new range and there is no release date for the tow bar - a likely very costly issued for Audi moving forward.

Jeff

Hi Chris,

Not sure if you're still watching this post but I have gone round in circles and the upshot is that there are apparently production issues across all Q3 models in the new range and there is no release date for the tow bar - a likely very costly issued for Audi moving forward.

Jeff

This is my first post here so hello to all of you,

I have an information from my dealer that there is lack of s-tronic gearboxes and it is not possible to order new Q3 with this type of gearbox.