Anthony Perkins

Reaction score
Hi guys, please help if you can?

I've started to have issues with my Audi A4 B7 2.0TDI s-line where up to 2000 rpm the car is lumpy and has loads of black smoke out the back until the turbo kicks in at 2000 rpm.
Above 2000 rpm the car goes like mad as the EGR valve was shut off when the car was mapped about 3 years ago. Performance has been excellent since the remap until the last few weeks

I travel mainly on motorways and have found that above 2500 rpm the car seems to go into limp mode but not fully?
I can get up to about 80-85 mph but that's about it and occasionally the speed reduces on hills again not always.

My VAG code reader occasionally gets the following fault code 00564 - 112 CAN BUS Selection Lever (E313) but this code does not always arise.
i.e. I've had the same limp-ish mode problem at other times but with no error code showing on the reader?

The car has recently had a Terraclean to clean out the injectors etc, and the garage checked out the Turbo actuator/blades along with all the turbo pipes and indicated that all is working fine EXCEPT there being NO vacuum being held at the Inlet Manifold Actuator

Following on from an earlier thread I have purchased a replacement actuator from TPS for £14 as a new Inlet Manifold is over £800 fitted.
The garage have agreed to take the existing Inlet Manifold off, clean it and replace the actuator - I'm hopeful this will sort the problem

Has anyone had similar issues and how did you resolve the issue?

Any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• car_2762e5122e9cb580d6ad98d44ef1cfbc.jpg
    car_2762e5122e9cb580d6ad98d44ef1cfbc.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 468