HELP Audi A4 B7 2.0tdi S-line 2007 - Inlet Manifold Actuator Fault

Anthony Perkins

Reaction score

Hi guys, please help if you can?
I've been having the issues with my Audi A4 B7 2.0TDI s-line where up to 2000 rpm the car is lumpy
and has loads of black smoke out the back until the turbo kicks in at 2000 rpm.

Above 2000 rpm the car goes like mad as the EGR valve was shut off when the car was mapped about
3 years ago. Performance has always been good since.

However, I travel mainly on motorways and have found that above 2500 rpm the car seems to go into
limp mode but not fully??

I can get up to about 80-85 mph but that's about it and occasionally the speed reduces on hills but not always.

My VAG code occasionally gets the following fault code 00564 - 112 CAN BUS Selection Lever (E313)
but this code does not always arise.

The car has recently had a Terraclean to try and clean out the injectors etc, and the garage have checked
out the Turbo actuator/blades along with all the turbo pipes and indicated that all is working fine
EXCEPT there being NO vacuum being held at the Inlet Manifold Actuator.

I have purchased a replacement actuator from TPS for £14 and the garage are going to take the Inlet
Manifold off, clean it and replace the actuator

Has anyone had similar issues and did you manage to get it fixed?

Any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• car_2762e5122e9cb580d6ad98d44ef1cfbc.jpg
    car_2762e5122e9cb580d6ad98d44ef1cfbc.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 704
Well your vacuum unit for the inlet manifold is snapped for a start so that is probably why it isn't performing!! Would have thought the garage would have noticed that as its painfully obvious. I'd suggest using a different garage where the mechanics aren't blind!

I had my glow plug warning light come on a week ago while on the motorway and it has been running a little lumpy at around 2000rpm and lumpy at idle plus smelt like it was really overfuelling. I replaced that vacuum unit and the idling is fine, on my test drive the lumpyness had gone away and it seems like the fumes are less toxic than they were! I've not had chance to give it a good run since but it appears to have worked.

The unit I took off had a small hole in its diaphram which I expect is the issue.

My turbo still doesn't come on to full chat until around 2500rpm which I know is too high, but the car is running so I don't care too much now as I've order a new one so it just needs to keep going for a few months!

Well your vacuum unit for the inlet manifold is snapped for a start so that is probably why it isn't performing!! Would have thought the garage would have noticed that as its painfully obvious. I'd suggest using a different garage where the mechanics aren't blind!

I had my glow plug warning light come on a week ago while on the motorway and it has been running a little lumpy at around 2000rpm and lumpy at idle plus smelt like it was really overfuelling. I replaced that vacuum unit and the idling is fine, on my test drive the lumpyness had gone away and it seems like the fumes are less toxic than they were! I've not had chance to give it a good run since but it appears to have worked.

The unit I took off had a small hole in its diaphram which I expect is the issue.

My turbo still doesn't come on to full chat until around 2500rpm which I know is too high, but the car is running so I don't care too much now as I've order a new one so it just needs to keep going for a few months!
Hi, Just want to ask , about what vacuum unit you talk?

The black circle type disc at the end of the black tube in the middle of the pic, the 2 should be joined.
Where are you located?

Attachments

• car_2762e5122e9cb580d6ad98d44ef1cfbc.jpg
    car_2762e5122e9cb580d6ad98d44ef1cfbc.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 106