Acoustic glass

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Evening everyone.

Bit of a silly one

Recently bought a A4 Avant and just wanting to know if the acoustic glass has slight hydrophobic abilities as mine seems to bead and roll off. Not as good as the likes of rain x or h2go but it does have some. I’d love to take a video but unless someone is with me it could be a while.

The windscreen wipers smear then I noticed some judder on the drivers on the down sweep so went and bought some Bosch wipers and the juddering has stopped and the didn’t seem as bad ( Sod’s law it stopped raining when I was in halfrauds so couldn’t test it much ) the smear would vanish really quickly on the old blades so I’m hoping they haven’t applied anything to the screen as I know it’ll be a PITA to remove. I will clean the screen with some angelwax vision and see how it gets on

So does the acoustic glass have slight hydrophobic abilities over normal glass?

Thanks

Edit due to stupidity. Feel free to give me some stick for it

Last edited:
Acrylic Glass.........Never heard of this........on a Audi nor any for that matter on any other car mate.............is not just been coated with a wax or something

Acrylic Glass.........Never heard of this........on a Audi nor any for that matter on any other car mate.............is not just been coated with a wax or something

I’ve just noticed I put that and not acoustic. Feel like a right mong now lmao. What a ****** idiot

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
Not sure if the glass is any different, really acoustic glass is just the same as a laminated but with a added layer of soundproofing PVB, or polyvinyl butyral...

Not sure if the glass is any different, really acoustic glass is just the same as a laminated but with a added layer of soundproofing PVB, or polyvinyl butyral...

Thanks. I do believe it’s been coated in something when I asked them not to touch it. The salesman then blamed the prepshop

Looks like I’ll have to go over with some angelwax vision see if it’s helps. If not looks like I’ll have to get my glass polish out. The joys

Reactions: cuke2u