Surrey Hills mountain biking

Reaction score
Does anyone know any good mountain biking trails in Surrey. Our usual jaunt is blue into red, with a bit of off piste and back into blue at Swinley Forest. It’s really handy because it’s only 4-5 miles from the house, but I fancy a change.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surrey hills you really need to know where you are going, no marked out trails, but most people tend to be friendly so you might be able to tag along with someone else. A good place tos tart would be peaslake.

Another round here that’s good is tunnel hill, again you need to know where you are going.

I guess it depends how far you really want to go? You can be at cwmcarn in South Wales within two hours which is always good, and another 30 mins on you’re at afan. Bikepark wales is around there too. Wales is a big step up from swinley though...

Tunnel hill , well all over ash ranges and Chobham ridges are great.
I used to do them all the time as they are a 5 min ride from my home but a knee prob stopped things a while back.
Still some really good bits there and some wild bits too.....whatever takes your fancy, used to get very busy but much quieter these days.

Where the beat place to park to find the routes in a Surrey?

My parents live in Cardiff so all the routes in Wales are within easy reach. I’ve been meaning to go to Bike Park Wales for a while now.

Ive not done the Olympic route, but have cycled a lot of the other trails at the Snow Goose. The orange route is fun.