TTS - faults / issues / benifts

DurhamLad1973

Reaction score
Hello all, it's been a while since I've been on here and I still don't own an Audi, stuck with BMWs for the last few years but now I really fancy a change.

I've got a hankering for a TTS later in the year, can you tell me what to look out for on a 2017 (probably) model. Are there still the same issues around the S tronic boxes or have they had a bit of a makeover?

How practical are they as a daily, I've always had bigger saloon cars but we do have other cars in the household to use but our current M140i will always be my baby so reluctant to use this for supermarkets etc....

Any information would help me decide. Thanks in advance.

Andy.

I had the MK3 TT tdi ultra. The back seats aren’t really useable for anything than a short journey but with them down the boot is surprisingly spacious and will get 2 large suit cases in.

Make sure you get one with B&O, the standard sound system is awful, the worst standard system I have ever heard.

I have the S3, so same engine as the TTs , no issues to report after 2 years ownership and 28k miles. Surprisingly economical for the performance, 40mpg on a long run is easily achievable. Make sure you check that the car hasn’t been chipped or boxed.

The s Tronic box is really good, some complain it can be slow to react but you should treat it as semi auto and use the paddles.

The cabin is really nice, wouldn’t be out of place in a car twice the price,

Virtual Cockpit is really good, everything can be controlled via the steering wheel.

Reactions: DurhamLad1973
Thanks for the reply, put my mind a rest.

No probs, I test drove a TTS before the S3, the only reason I didn’t get it was due to budget.

Was Vegas yellow with 20’s on, was ****** lovely.

I actually preferred the TT to my current S3, even in diesel format the TT was a nicer drive.

Went from an S3 to the TTS. Only issues I ever had with the S3 were the infamous door rattle and a wheel bearing - both fixed under warranty.

Apart from routine servicing, only issue I've had with the TTS in twelve months is that a window needed adjusting because of wind noise - again, sorted under warranty.

Great car, love it :)