A3 8v 184 manual throttle weirdness

184Rod

Reaction score
Hi can you guys help me with an issue that seems weird to me? My throttle seems to behave strange, you can put it right down and it seems to have an extra bit at the bottom when you press it further down??? When in dynamic it has no function but when economy it seems to apply full throttling??? And when in dynamic it seems to have a flat spot if you press it down fully but if I lift off a little bit it seems to take off as it should?? Is it me or is this a know issue or my crap driving lol... it just feels like it seems to lose power or choke up if you floor it. Strange stuff

My 1.4 TFSi 150 has a sort of click on full throttle but ive never noticed any difference in throttle response. I might experiment with different modes and see if i can see a difference

It seems to do something when in eco only....... I'm hoping the other is known so I can get it sorted....it feels like when you had an old cable throttle car and the choke was stuck etc...lol shows my age ***

It’s the kick down switch in the autos.
It more or less turns your eco mode to dynamic and hold gears till red line.

What about the flat spot? Weird

Over simplifying things; there are 2 stops on the accelerator pedal; first resistance and then the carpet (incl button)

When reaching first resistance you are max throttle *of that drive mode* in chosen drive select mode (which isnt 100% of engine capability).

When you hit the carpet and button pressed it basically says true 100% throttle of engine capability as if in dynamic mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What about the flat spot then

just checked my car in both dynamic and efficient and i never noticed any difference or any flat spots unless im off turbo.