Xenon retrofit or aftermarket alternatives?

A4 Jas

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some info and there’s not a lot of definitive info out there from what I could find, just lots of speculation and dead end threads,

What exactly is required for a facelift xenon retrofit? I know the Kufatec adapters and headlights with ballasts/bulbs are a must, legally speaking, are headlight washers a must? Would it fail an MOT without them and an auto-leveller?

It seems a real pain in the *** to retrofit these so I’ve been looking around for some aftermaket alternatives (saw one that takes h7 but has the led strip but could only find the left side) is there any that is very identical
to the OEM with the led strip? Or is the only option to retrofit?

Thankss

Oem always for me.

If headlights are marked hid & tester is aware of them being xenons, they should be looking for washers.

Reactions: A4 Jas
Oem always for me.

If headlights are marked hid & tester is aware of them being xenons, they should be looking for washers.

When you guys retrofit them, do you also install washers? I’m curious as to the difficulty of the washers and self levelling install, electrics I can do (mostly) but I don’t feel confident enough to deal with the self levelling or massacring my front bumper.

Installing the Xenons and harness is easy, but I would want it to be passable in an MOT which seems getting it to that stage is just beyond my capabilities

What kind of costs are you looking at to retrofit? I know the headlights alone are £700+ Have you looked at cost to simply change the car to something that has them OE fitted?

Cost wise I’m able to get the full headlights for about £400 for a set as I know a few breakers. The adapter is about £50 too, it’s then a case of cost for new high line CCM with component protection removed (to enable high beam) self-levelling and washers which I’ve not accounted for, so al in probably around the £700 stage.

I did see aftermarket halogens that have the LED bar (the main reason I love the xenon look) for about £350 a set that plug and play but I can’t find them for a b8.5, only a b8

As for changing the car to something OE fitted, I’d imagine the cost was far beyond worth it but i’m Honestly not sure what would be involved

Hi Guys, I'm searching for someone that did the conversion from halogen to xenon on audi a4 b8.5. Anyone did it here? I couldn't find any post for b8.5. As Jason Barr says he can't find for b8.5, me to i couldn't find any after market plug and play xenon headlights for audi b8.5. Any help please?

Hi Guys, I'm searching for someone that did the conversion from halogen to xenon on audi a4 b8.5. Anyone did it here? I couldn't find any post for b8.5. As Jason Barr says he can't find for b8.5, me to i couldn't find any after market plug and play xenon headlights for audi b8.5. Any help please?

I spent a lot of time searching for something like this and found extremely little, the projectors can be changed and modified but actual aftermarket xenon headlights don’t exist yet from what I could find

What I did find though, is an American company called Spyder that is currently working on aftermarket xenons and aftermarket halogens for the b8.5.
This is the same company that makes the b8 aftermarket halogens with the light bar that mimics a b8.5 xenon.
They had a pre-order release date of 7/6/19 so from then I imagine we’ll see some appearing for the b8.5 (date is most likely American so 6th July).