Bumpy ride

Mohammad-997

Reaction score
hi i have a audi a3 8p 2006 sportback s line. The ride on it used to amazing proper smooth and could barely feel the bumps on the road. However now i can feel the slightest bump ive had my front wishbones changed and rear suspension arms ive had my shocks checked and their fine. What else could it be possibly causing this? Its like every uneven surface on the road i can feel it and its really loud

Why did you change the front wishbones and rear arms?

Check your front top-mounts.

Why did you change the front wishbones and rear arms?

Check your front top-mounts.
My front wishbone the bush teared up and the rear arms the bolts seized up and i had uneven tyre wear my tyres would literally eat up on the wide

Attachments

• 2DFDA63D-B9B3-4923-9AFC-A84208287836.jpeg
    2DFDA63D-B9B3-4923-9AFC-A84208287836.jpeg
    333.7 KB · Views: 110
I think in changing things you have put the ride back to stock. the S line has a notoriously hard ride that destroys tyres. My S3 is similar it destroys the inside front of tyres, modern FWD cars with low profiles carry a lot of toe-out which will induce a bit of oversteer, so it could compensate the FWD-driver's understeer.

Attachments

• 2013-02-26 14.27.21.jpg
    2013-02-26 14.27.21.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
I think in changing things you have put the ride back to stock. the S line has a notoriously hard ride that destroys tyres. My S3 is similar it destroys the inside front of tyres, modern FWD cars with low profiles carry a lot of toe-out which will induce a bit of oversteer, so it could compensate the FWD-driver's understeer.
No mate the ride has been the same even after changing it nothing had changed however when i first had the car it was proper smooth it was bumpy dont get me wrong but not as bumpy as it is now. Like when i go over bumps it feels like I’ve done damage to the car thats how loud it is