light wheels or stage 2+ ?

dunk

Reaction score
im pondering my next move for my road only car - i currently have stage 1, rear ARB, reyland brakes 385/350mm, ds performance pads, custom dsg box remap and powerflex caster and camber front bushes.

keep the square 235 setup on MPS4S as the 255 ones seems to cause possible traction control issues, are 1kg heavier than the 235, and either swap out my 8" square setup factory wheels (approx 12.5kg i think???) for some neuspeed rse102 wheels at 9.1kg, hopefully it will deliver a real world improvement in suspension and steering feel...

or

mrc stage 2+

the big question is whether i will notice the wheels making any difference, whereas im fairly confident stage 2+ compared to stage 1 will stand out (but may not get used that much in real world traffic conditions)

How are you getting on with the Reyland brakes? I need to make a decision on this... either 380/350 Reylands, 380/355 RB Rotor, or 370 Girodisc / 350 Neuspeed.

Having just gone Unitronic Stage 1+ I've concluded brakes, intercooler, tyres all need attention next. IAT rising notably on a pull, pads easily overheated and traction limited in 1st/2nd in the dry. I do have the Stg2 files available and it's tempting to fit a downpipe and more power but trying to do in the above lot first.

There's a guy on ttforum selling Hyper Black Neuspeed rse102's... 19x9 ET45 with 7mm MPS4S 245/35/19 fitted (square). A great set-up if that's what your looking for. I'm kinda interested but already have a set of 255 PS4s in the garage.

thanks for the info regarding wheels, but im not sure 9" will fit a sportback, and the 245 tyres are another 1kg heavier, undoing the purpose of going as light as reasonably possible

as to the reylands - brilliant! a million times better than oem
i went 385, which weigh the same as the 380, mostly for vanity to fill out the wheels
they are quiet and work brilliantly for my road use with the ds performance pads
rear 350mm are almost the same weight as oem disks, where as the 355 rs7 or similar are a few kg heavier