DAB retrofit to 2010 A6 C6 with 3G MMI low

Ritzdog

Reaction score
Morning all, has anyone on here successfully retrofitted DAB to their MMI 3G low? I've got an 2010 A6 saloon
Wondering if the module attached is the correct one?
I think I've read somewhere it would replace the existing AM/FM module and all I'd need to do is purchase a suitable DAB aerial and then enable it through the hidden green menu

Any advice appreciated
In the meantime I'll get searching on the forums
Gracias
5449dc3b5d0d88aae56850d5d6e87b3d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not for a 2010 3G system, that is for 2G.

You need to find the 3G DAB radio module, have a look through resent threads in the C6 section the part numbers are listed their.

You also need component protection removing from the radio module, and that will need to be done VIA a licensed version of ODIS, so an Audi dealer or third party that has a registered and licensed ODIS.

Last edited:
The main problem I think in the A6 saloon is the rear quarter light doesn't have the DAB antenna built in for good reception. The A6 Avant does, but from memory the saloon doesn't. I have always replaced the quarter light with a DAB equivalent and installed the correct DAB antenna from Audi to get good reception.

DAB lives and dies by its antenna

Reactions: Ritzdog
Not for a 2010 3G system, that is for 2G.

You need to find the 3G DAB radio module, have a look through resent threads in the C6 section the part numbers are listed their.

You also need component protection removing from the radio module, and that will need to be done VIA a licensed version of ODIS, so an Audi dealer or third party that has a registered and licensed ODIS.
Thanks for this, I'll get searching

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wowzers, much as I want DAB I don't wanna spend that amount of money. I'm still getting used to the mod's pricing having graduated from Ford Focus' and Vauxhall's. If I can find out the part numbers etc... and do some careful purchasing I could save a couple hundred on the kufatec kit price and use that for the next upgrade
Why didn't I just save more and buy the C7 Avant lol
Thank you all for your advice and knowledge, no doubt i'll be back at some point once i've accumulated all the bits n pieces i need

Reactions: RAF_S7