Real Weird One

Sp3no82

Reaction score
Was pulling out of a junction yesterday and suddenly my ESP kicks in and I have hardly any power it was like the clutch was slipping, the revs were high but I was accelerating at a very slow pace, I then braked gently and my ABS kicked in. Every time I squeezed my throttle I lost traction, I turned off the ESP and I could hear a wheel spinning at the slightest push of accelerator and ABS every time I braked. I kept pulling over to see if I had a brake stuck on or flat tyre or something as I was baffled but it slowly got getter over the next 5 or 6 miles and now the issue has gone completely.
What the hell!!
It was like driving on ice, I did consider that maybe I ran over a spillage or something but the roads were wet and it took a good few miles to sort itself out and surely anything on the tyres would have been long gone.
Worried this may come back as it was so dangerous, the mere blip of accelerator and the car was sliding all over the road

Could maybe have been a nasty diesel spill?

There's a loose gravely slip road near me and my quattro does something similar when you try and boot it.
Flashing ESP light, no power, revs rising very slowly. Takes the car a few seconds to get its **** together even once you're back on good tarmac.

Cold weather + diesel spill = very slippery, nearly been killed on my bike a couple of times thanks to £$*^& spilling diesel.

ESP is very sensitive on the B7 , which is a good thing really under most lost traction situations as it does exactly what it says on the tin, it activates the electronic stability program.
Probably not ideal for you as it was at a junction, maybe just a one off event this time , worth running vcds aswell to see if any other errors have been logged .