Finally!

Mini-mad-matt

Reaction score
Right then, had my black A4 Avant since August, and have been deliberating ever since which wheels to get for it. After all this time, I decided to go for the ones that I initially thought would look good, the original RS4s. 18" is the perfect size for the car, and the RS4s look soooooooo good on a black Avant. Just needs dropping about 20mm now.

Cheers,

MMM

P.S. Got them from Wheelbase in Oldham. Fantastic service and price!

Matt
Where in Manchester are you from? get some pics up mate.
Ian

yeah some pics mate, come on Chop chop!!!!

I agree pics please and I thought I was bad deciding on alloys. As long as your happy mate thats the main thing. I opted for RS6's and still love them to bits - a doddle to clean also...

That is a bonus Pav being a doddle to clean, My rs4's take forever....Might seek some classic 100+ 3 Spokes...:lmfao:

J7USS said:
That is a bonus Pav being a doddle to clean, My rs4's take forever....Might seek some classic 100+ 3 Spokes...:lmfao:

A blast from the past - dont you even dare go there!!! so what do you reckon J7USS to this meet - Im game, get to see some of you mugs in person...

pav-g said:
A blast from the past - dont you even dare go there!!! so what do you reckon J7USS to this meet - Im game, get to see some of you mugs in person...

Id be up for a meet if every Mo fo is up for it too...

james0808 said:
You wanna try cleaning mine.:sadlike:

haha, Oh yeah, You must have 20 + spokes james....??
How do you clean them anyway?? Cleaner spray and a Jet??

I squeeze my hand through, ****** kills me aswell....I wear latex now.:eyebrows:..slides right through them tight gaps.:sly:

I think there is 16.
Give them a blast with the jetwash,then put some wheel cleaner on them for a couple of mins then rip my fingers to bits with a sponge,worth it in the end though:icon_thumright:
Like the sound of the latex,might give that a try:w00t:

J7USS said:
I squeeze my hand through, ****** kills me aswell....I wear latex now.:eyebrows:..slides right through them tight gaps.:sly:

How the hell do you get your hands through them I aint got a hope !
(and no I aint a fat B****** :icon_thumright: )

hahashow.jpeg

Ok, here's some pics. Sorry about the car being dirty, but it's just chucked it down today!!
NikNak, I'm in a little place called Astley.

I'll certainly try and do the North West meet

Cheers

MMM

Looks good buddy just needs lowering slightly:icon_thumright:

I don't want to drop it too much, but maybe 20 mm or so. What's the best way of doing this without making it a hard ride as I have a 3 month old baby to think about!! Anyone suggest any suitable springs?

Mini-mad-matt said:
I don't want to drop it too much, but maybe 20 mm or so. What's the best way of doing this without making it a hard ride as I have a 3 month old baby to think about!! Anyone suggest any suitable springs?
Is it a sport???
There are loads of springs you can choose from ive got eibach on my golf and Koni on my A4 and both are really nice.

Yep wheels look good, i agree it could do with dropping a tad but your 3 month old baby is more important and i wouldnt compromise on the harsher ride over looks. I suppose its a possibility over the next several months... just glad your pleased with the alloys....

No It's an SE. I've never lowered a car before. other than the mini, but that's a bit different. My mate's always lowering his Vauxhalls, and they feel like you're in a concrete slab. You get out about 2 inches shorter than you get in. I definately want the looks, but subtle, with no compromise on ride quality. I don't need the extra handling characteristics as I'm a right fanny when it comes to bends anyway!!

Cheers

MMM

Seeing as its an se i wouldnt lower it with just springs as the dampers not be able to cope.
Ive got koni adjustables set half way and the ride is not harsh at all,must be close to standard sport suspension but abit lower i would have thought set to soft.Ive got a 4 month old and hes fine in my car.

I know what you mean about lowered Vauxhalls.I had a MK3 Astra GSI with a Calibra Turbo engine which was lowered and it handled quite good but was very,very hard.Fast as F##k though.:w00t:

Damn!!!!!!
Was just pulling out of a junction telling my mate not to eat his flakey pasty in my car, and subsequently caught my new back wheel on a curb due to me concentrating on his ****** dinner:motz: . I've now got a lovely curb mark around about 30% of my rim. Nice.
It's not actually that noticable really, but ****** annoying. About half an hour later, I also notice a big dent in my boot lid just to the right of the Audi badge. Not a good day for H3ATY in the grand scheme of things!

MMM

I know how you feeling mate, What a Bitch!!! Hope you slapped your mates pasty out his hands for that!!

I wanted to slap more than that mate. Ha ha. Not really, he's actually more paanoid about my wheels than me. Every other sentance out of his mouth is "Watch your wheels!"

Why dont you get hold of some standard sport suspension or maybe just the springs on their own, all in the name of not being too harsh.:gun2: