Window tints

Tom V

Reaction score
Recently purchased a 2016 Audi A3 s-line and the prior owner has peeled a rear window car sticker off which has pulled a small piece of the tint off.

Would this tint had been from the factory? Or after market?

Regards

Tom

After market. Unless I'm mistaken, if it came tinted from factory it would have tinted glass and not a film.

Reactions: dp_motley and S32B
If it was from factory the glass itself is tinted, aftermarket (as IgorFB said above) is stuck on to the glass

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Ahh thank you.

Would it come with any factory tint/privacy glass as standard? It is an s line.

Ahh thank you.

Would it come with any factory tint/privacy glass as standard? It is an s line.

Only black editions came with tints as standard.
Depending on the glass some factory tints are actually the laminate between the sheets of glass that’s tinted/coloured not the glass itself.

Would this finish suggest my rear windows are after market tints?

Attachments

• F6CD5ADD-8562-4457-88F7-BE6C5B7446C0.jpeg
    F6CD5ADD-8562-4457-88F7-BE6C5B7446C0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 217
  • 3ADECA6A-5C45-4564-9E93-DEF474822ABC.jpeg
    3ADECA6A-5C45-4564-9E93-DEF474822ABC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 220
There should be some printing on the window just outside range of your first photo saying “70% Trans minimum” or something like that.

If it says 70% it’s not tinted. If it says a lower percentage then the glass is tinted when manufactured (but that doesn’t stop someone putting a further tint film on top of that).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you.

My rear windscreen has ‘Transp 70% min’ so I assume this is an after market tint which has been applied.

The front side windows say the same.

The rear side windows (its a 3dr) do not have anything mentioning transparent 70%, but these windows are clearly tinted, so what does this mean?

Thank you.

My rear windscreen has ‘Transp 70% min’ so I assume this is an after market tint which has been applied.

The front side windows say the same.

The rear side windows (its a 3dr) do not have anything mentioning transparent 70%, but these windows are clearly tinted, so what does this mean?

Aftermarket tint

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Even though they don’t have ‘Transp 70%’ on them?

Thanks again

The law states that a vehicles windscreen must allow at least 75% of light through, while front side windows must let at least 70% of light through.
There are no rules regarding rear windows.

Reactions: KenL
I saw an A3 in Bradford the other day driving past me with the WINDSCREEN tinted.. people are stupid.