Door Trim Removal

Rallyman

LPG Abuser & have VAGCOM
Reaction score
Ive got to hand back my company 66 plate 2wd A4 :grumpy: cos I'm start a new job:thumbs up: Pain - Pleasure - get a proper Q car for me! :rockwoot:
I have picked up a dent on one of the doors that should pop out easily (I don't want to get shafted by the company ...) and need to remove the interior door trim so i can push it out....
How do I get the door trim off ? There is a screw in the centre ..... but thats it!
Thanks

Have a look at this. It may help

If its like others in the VW family....

One bolt in the middle, one at the bottom of the door underneath the reflector and then lots of clips around the edge. Can take a lot of effort to get the first one out, but should be easier after that. Trim removal tools and spare clips recommended.

However, this won't give you direct access to the outer door skin, there will be another metal panel just behind the plastic trim.

Have you tried an adhesive puller? they can work very well on the sort of dent that would just pop out as you describe. In some cases simply pouring a kettle of boiling water on the dent can make it pop out due to expansion helped along by a suction cup. There are videos on youtube. Alternatively, the dent repair people that visit can do amazing things for a couple of hundred quid. I've seen the results on one of my cars.