Green mildew-like build up on door glass seals.

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
as the title says, I’ve noticed that the top edges of the seals between the doors and the side windows has a green residue building up in it. Does anyone know an effective way of removing it? Ignore the multiple stripes in the left; that’s just my tee shirt reflection! :)

B4E2DC16 D3F4 402F B3FA 55E821F0023D

Reactions: Jimbob76
I’d go at this with Dettol Mould and Mildew Remover, possibly diluted 1:1 with water. Jet wash first, then spray or brush on, leave to dwell for a few mins, another quick treatment, gently agitate with an old toothbrush, then jet wash off. Take your time and repeat this process until you’ve cleared it.

The same process using an all purpose cleaner like Surfex HD will get the seals clean, but if you don’t kill the spores with something antibacterial, the green algae will be back before you know it.

Reactions: jdp1962
All purpose cleaner does it for me

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound
@jdp1962 I had this recently and have had it before. I find a quick blast with the pressure washer sorts it. Not sure if that's an option for you? If it's not ingrained it works

Bowl of warm water, strong solution of all purpose cleaner and some jiggling with a narrow brush. Hey presto!!

Oh yes, and I’ve changed my tee shirt as well. :)

4B79B3BC 642B 440F 9664 80D4380EBBD7

Reactions: scotty76, OCDaveS4 and Bristle Hound