C7.5 A6 question about keyless opening

lfcaudi

Reaction score
Hi. I just picked up a 2016 A6 but it only came with 1 key. The dealer is getting a second one ordered. The door handles have the little rectangle but I can't open the doors without using the key to remotely open. Should this be working seeing as the rectangle thingy is on the handles and if so, could it be that it only works with a main key and maybe what I have right now is the spare key and keyless entry doesn't work? I just want to check before contacting the dealer again. Thanks

The rectangle is to LOCK the car

To open insert your hand inside the handle and avoid contact with the rectangle :)

Equally is the car fitted with keyless entry as the rectangles are present whether or not the car has keyless.....

The rectangle is to LOCK the car

To open insert your hand inside the handle and avoid contact with the rectangle :)

Equally is the car fitted with keyless entry as the rectangles are present whether or not the car has keyless.....

On the first, tried both ways. One the second, good question. Could very well not have it. I just presumed the presence of them meant it was active.

On the key issue, are they all the same or is there a master key with extra functionality? I want to make sure any replacement key is correct and I don't end up with 2 spare keys if you know what I mean.

Thanks

All the door handle have the same door handle moulding regardless if the car has keyless or not, and from what you have described by opening the car it's not an option fitted to your car.

You should have 3 keys in total, 2 normal keys and a plastic service key.

You should get the dealer to remove and then re-add the keys to the car to ensure the missing keys are no longer able to start the car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey