New member, after some advice

Wyldie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm not only new to this forum but new to Audi ownership and so far absolutely loving it....except for one tiny thing!

I have a 2019 S3 Sportback in Nano Grey which I've had for 2 months and as I said above love the car, there are a few tiny things that I 'don't like' but i think I'm just being overly fussy, thats for a different thread.

So, the advice I'm after or if anyone has the same issue is: when driving and either turning into junctions or sharper corners in the road there is a reasonably loud knock from what sounds to be the seat belt clip hitting the plastic by the rear doors. After plugging all the seatbelt into the clips, it still does it.

There is nothing in the boot, I've checked the tool kit in the side compartment of the boot, the spare tire is secure under the floor. I'm absolutely stumped but if anyone has any possible ideas of what it could be, please let me know as it's just irritating!

Thanks in advance :icon thumright:
Scott

Have a look to make sure the dealer has removed the suspension transport blocks. It’s a block in the middle of shock/spring to stop it bouncing about on the ship/transporters.

From what I can see there doesn't seem to be anything there that shouldn't be, there is a grey bit of plastic, a cover type thing which has got a bit of play in it but not sure it would be enough to be as loud as it is when inside the car. Thanks for the quick reply!

Reactions: Collinwither
Loud knocking on turning could be the suspension bearing joints, loud knocking on my dad's A1 had that. But I'd be skeptical if this was the case on a 2 month old car

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I had a similar knock from the drivers side rear. It turned out to be the rear seat back latch loose. Try dropping the rear seat back forwards and see if the knocking stops.

Can't help you with your issue but welcome to the forum and get some pics up of the car :icon thumright:

Did you check if the knocks aren't coming from something inside the doors? You might test it by opening the doors and shaking them, or tappimg on the trim panels. I remember having an annoying noise coming from one of the doors because of one of the clips at the trim panel wasn't properly fixed and the plastic part it attaches to was rattling.

Last edited:
Thanks for even more possible explanations to what it could be, and for the warm welcome. Car needs a clean but once I get that done ill be sure to post some pictures!

Update on irritating knocking sound....

So after a 30 minute journey this morning to the delights of Costco with the knocking noise happening all the way there and me growing more and more agitated each time, sometimes the knock was loud, sometimes 2 in a row, sometimes it was the right side, sometimes left and even sometimes not at all.

shopping done, boot full expecting the same on the way back. First corner, nothing. second corner, nothing. I turn to the wife (to be) in disbelief "its stopped"
not a knock or hint of one all the way home!

Now the embarrassing bit.

We unload the car and I decide to have another investigation. parcel shelf out, protective dog cover out (which has been in the car since the day we got it home) only to find under that, a F*****G GOLF BALL!!!! which had merrily been rolling the length of the boot then hitting the side depending on which way we were turning or if it got caught on the dog cover it wouldn't happen.

Ive since been sat at home shaking my head to myself before admitting I'm going to have to come clean to everyone that has replied with possible reasons for my "problem."

What a great way to introduce yourself to a new forum of people but at least hopefully it will provide a laugh!
Have a good weekend!

Reactions: John Pilkington, TonkS3, CraigM and 12 others
Had something similar with a customer after installing power folding mirrors. He reported that were was a knocking noise coming from the passenger side front of the vehicle. Customer popped over for a road test and with me in the passenger seat the noise could not be reproduced. I jumped in the back and the noise started straight away. Turned out to be..... the front seatbelt buckle was knocking against the B pillar lol. Moved the the buckle up the belt and noise = gone :)

Always a good idea to empty the vehicle 100% when testing. Noise can travel.

Reactions: RS3KEY, AlS3BE, T-800 and 1 other person
Hahahaaa a golf ball!! How did a golf ball get in your brand new boot? At least it was nothing major. Welcome I’m fairly new here and everyone has been amazing!! Can’t wait to see some pics I’m absolutely in love with nardo grey

So after a 30 minute journey this morning to the delights of Costco with the knocking noise happening all the way there and me growing more and more agitated each time, sometimes the knock was loud, sometimes 2 in a row, sometimes it was the right side, sometimes left and even sometimes not at all.

shopping done, boot full expecting the same on the way back. First corner, nothing. second corner, nothing. I turn to the wife (to be) in disbelief "its stopped"

We unload the car and I decide to have another investigation. parcel shelf out, protective dog cover out (which has been in the car since the day we got it home) only to find under that, a F*****G GOLF BALL!!!! which had merrily been rolling the length of the boot then hitting the side depending on which way we were turning or if it got caught on the dog cover it wouldn't happen.

Ive since been sat at home shaking my head to myself before admitting I'm going to have to come clean to everyone that has replied with possible reasons for my "problem."

What a great way to introduce yourself to a new forum of people but at least hopefully it will provide a laugh!
Have a good weekend!

Sorry to laugh at your expense, but that’s a funny one and all the time you spent clueless what it was ;)

Glad you solved the issue, keep your balls in their sack from here on :whistle2:

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some photos :icon thumright:

Reactions: Wyldie
Here she is. No golf balls in sight :laughing: More pics to follow!
Fullsizeoutput 16f

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Adam14, RS3KEY and 1 other person

Have a good weekend!
Hahahah quality story that, but glad you got it sorted. Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Have a good weekend!

Lol that least there is nothing wrong with the car:icon thumright: