2019 Gpf RS3

RS3 FUN

Reaction score
Has any one had a 2019 RS3 with the Gpf mapped yet. Looking for tuners who have done this and with any results.

Has any one had a 2019 RS3 with the Gpf mapped yet. Looking for tuners who have done this and with any results.

Don’t know of one person on the forum with one of these new cars yet, they’ve only just made it to dealers.

Reactions: sve170
Mine wont be in until July but am also interested on the feedback.

Don’t know of one person on the forum with one of these new cars yet, they’ve only just made it to dealers.
Mine is due in July August, so plenty of time for feed back, just hoping that the new cars won’t be restricted to much from what the tuners are getting now from them.

Mine is due in July August, so plenty of time for feed back, just hoping that the new cars won’t be restricted to much from what the tuners are getting now from them.

I doubt they will be restricted power wise much, just noise unless you remove the OPF.

Mot fail though?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Yeah it would then, not because of emissions but because it has to be there for MOT.

I’m parked next to your man Fran from FM on a beachfront in South Wales ;) Didn’t know he came over this far?

Sensors near the OPF will also need bypassing.

37a21356794b085c7e95e972b01113a0.jpg

Yeah it would then, not because of emissions but because it has to be there for MOT.

I’m parked next to your man Fran from FM on a beachfront in South Wales ;) Didn’t know he came over this far?
Ha ha he is over there every few months, used to live there apparently!

TX.

Ha ha he is over there every few months, used to live there apparently!

TX.

He was there for a good hour or so chilling out, didn’t bother going over for a chat.. I don’t know him and he doesn’t know me, just let him know he was spotted ;)

I doubt they will be restricted power wise much, just noise unless you remove the OPF.

Daughter has the 2019 Sport Edition just two weeks old.
Where are the OPF fitted and how can I remove them as her motor has no more noise than a Golf GTi, she is gutted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daughter has the 2019 Sport Edition just two weeks old.
Where are the OPF fitted and how can I remove them as her motor has no more noise than a Golf GTi, she is gutted.

Look further up this thread, T-800 has been kind enough to provide a diagram and from what I can figure it is just after the flexi’s from the downpipe.

Is it really that bad? The reviews haven’t stated that so far, you won’t lose the 5-cylinder tone?

Removing the filter would help, but you would lose the engine and drivetrain warranty.

Look further up this thread, T-800 has been kind enough to provide a diagram and from what I can figure it is just after the flexi’s from the downpipe.

Is it really that bad? The reviews haven’t stated that so far, you won’t lose the 5-cylinder tone?

Removing the filter would help, but you would lose the engine and drivetrain warranty.

Yes, it really is poor.
The 5-cylinder tone is there, but the pops, bangs, downshift sounds have all but disappeared.

Car has only 400 mls on it just now let’s hope there is some sort of improvement as the miles rack up, otherwise disappointed.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Yes, it really is poor.
The 5-cylinder tone is there, but the pops, bangs, downshift sounds have all but disappeared.

Car has only 400 mls on it just now let’s hope there is some sort of improvement as the miles rack up, otherwise disappointed.

23b9cc833f03f31186cfdfff4c960e5d.jpg

Anyone done any tuning yet? Mine is going in tomorrow so will see what happens!

Anyone done any tuning yet? Mine is going in tomorrow so will see what happens!

Please post results! Who are you having tune your car? There's quite a few German tuners posting results on YouTube, OPF cars don't seem to be lacking in awesome results, though they do get 102 octane over there. I spoke to APR and they are saying they haven't seen must of a difference on Stage 1 cars between OPF and non, and they can add back in the crackles and pops.

Just wishing I didn't buy the 3 year extended warranty now... Not sure I can justify voiding 5 years :(

Reactions: BearfaceRS3
Please post results! Who are you having tune your car? There's quite a few German tuners posting results on YouTube, OPF cars don't seem to be lacking in awesome results, though they do get 102 octane over there. I spoke to APR and they are saying they haven't seen must of a difference on Stage 1 cars between OPF and non, and they can add back in the crackles and pops.

Just wishing I didn't buy the 3 year extended warranty now... Not sure I can justify voiding 5 years :(

So it’s getting done at DH automotive (MRC Scotland) will see what happens tomorrow. It’s getting eventuri, intercooler, dog done mount, plugs and stage 1 so I’ll post results. I’m interested in what results it’ll produce, particularly what it’s producing standard.
I’m just not thinking about the warranty and hoping for the best!

So it’s getting done at DH automotive (MRC Scotland) will see what happens tomorrow. It’s getting eventuri, intercooler, dog done mount, plugs and stage 1 so I’ll post results. I’m interested in what results it’ll produce, particularly what it’s producing standard.
I’m just not thinking about the warranty and hoping for the best!

Nice one pal. I really look forward to hearing your results. I was thinking Ecotune Glasgow for an APR tune, is there a reason you chose MRC/DH Automotive out of curiosity?

Nice one pal. I really look forward to hearing your results. I was thinking Ecotune Glasgow for an APR tune, is there a reason you chose MRC/DH Automotive out of curiosity?
Just personal preference I suppose. They are close to me and when I spoke with them on the phone they were really helpful. I didn’t really consider anyone else to be honest. I’m super excited to see what tomorrow brings though. I’ll post the results once I get the car back. It’s about a half hour drive for me so I’m looking forward to that drive home!

Reactions: martin lo
Well, I have been waiting months for a tune. Stage 1 numbers are much lower on GPF cars, so I wasn’t really interested in it. Stage 2
is still fairly new and many don’t have it yet. APR doesn’t have one yet either. MRC had done a few and some other less known tuners. Mine is currently in the shop, getting finished tomorrow. Benchmark run on stock hardware and software showed 392HP and 468nm, a bit below declared values. Will see what it does on a stage 2, compared to DAZA cars...

Well, I have been waiting months for a tune. Stage 1 numbers are much lower on GPF cars, so I wasn’t really interested in it. Stage 2
is still fairly new and many don’t have it yet. APR doesn’t have one yet either. MRC had done a few and some other less known tuners. Mine is currently in the shop, getting finished tomorrow. Benchmark run on stock hardware and software showed 392HP and 468nm, a bit below declared values. Will see what it does on a stage 2, compared to DAZA cars...
Yeah I’ll probably end up stage 2 hence the other parts that are getting fitted tomorrow however I’m intrigued to see what it gets with the gpf standard then stage 1. Where is your car getting done? Interested to see your results tomorrow, bet you can’t wait to pick it up

MRC's results did seem a bit low, but to be fair they were one of the 1st to offer them and likely with further development they will improve their results. 392BHP is pretty much spot on the advertised 400PS Audi states. Are non-OPF cars really getting more than that?

Post your stage 2 results in any case!

APR is offering OPF tunes now, you can check for yourself. From what I've been told by then the differences to stage 1 on 98RON are negligible, so maybe they have had better results, though I've not seen anything published. There are a few tuners in Germany claiming 480+ on OPF cars on stage 1 so far.

MRC's results did seem a bit low, but to be fair they were one of the 1st to offer them and likely with further development they will improve their results. 392BHP is pretty much spot on the advertised 400PS Audi states. Are non-OPF cars really getting more than that?

Post your stage 2 results in any case!

APR is offering OPF tunes now, you can check for yourself. From what I've been told by then the differences to stage 1 on 98RON are negligible, so maybe they have had better results, though I've not seen anything published. There are a few tuners in Germany claiming 480+ on OPF cars on stage 1 so far.

Non-OPF cars would consistently get from 405-420 on stock, as far as I know. I do have a dyno from when I had 1k miles, and it showed 407HP and 500nm. Something similar they got on CarWow. But that was a different dyno, so I will do another one, once we have the tune completed. Yes, APR is offering Stage 1 OPF tune, but not Stage 2. I haven't seen 480 on an OPF car yet on stage 1, do they have any dynos to show? Most stage 1 tunes stop at 460-470 somewhere..

First you say they dyno low at 392. then you say you're dyne's at 407 stock, both right where they should be, and no 2 dynos are alike or read the same anyway. APR does offer Stage 2 - it removes the OPF. Lets all of us stick to hard facts and proof please, there is already loads of conjecture and misinformation floating about. I'm looking forward to seeing some results posted here.

Before you start turning words around, the only thing I had done is actually stated the hard facts, which I have proof. Audi says 400 and 480nm, I have a one dyno to prove it was less. I also have a different dyno run that says 407. And I never said two dynos are alike or read the same and I also get all the factors that go into this. Both dynos are still hard facts and proofs to me, I don't know how to paint it otherwise for you. Think whatever you like. And I don't know where your "right where they should be" comes from or even what it means. I just said "a bit below declared values", which is still a hard fact, whether you like it or not. I had also spoken to APR about a month ago directly for Stage 2 tune. They said they WILL offer it, but they don't yet. Sadly I did not take a screenshot of the conversation. I did not notice any releases or notices from them about this yet. But since I am already spreading misinformation and conjecture, lets see your facts then. Maybe you should show where APR said they offer this, before using this tone.

So how is 407 below any declared value? Given that is your result, why lead in with someone else's results and state they are low? No need to get pissy mate, just saying your statement that OPF results are low seem odd only to say you've dyno'd in a normal range comparable to pre-OPF cars. Quoting carwow though... lol.

I didn't say 407hp was below declared, I said 392hp was. Please, read my post again. :) Both were measured on my car directly, not on someone else's. As I explained, it was two different dyno runs, at different times. Hardware was the same and I know that there are several factors that go into this. Second one, which showed 392HP, was done 3 days ago, at 10.400 kilometers. First one was done about 6 months ago, with around 3.500 kilometers on the clock. Actually I was surprised the first one showed that much.

As to APR, I'll email them now and get some clarification, you're right proof is required if you have heard differently. I was told that their downpipe (removing the OPF) and stage 2 tune was possible on 19+ cars, but I'll get it in writing.
:)

That would really help, as they do not mention it anywhere on their website or the news: https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_25tfsi_ea855_evo.html
I did find it here: https://www.goapr.de/produkte/software/stage-1?engine=rs3-2-5-tfsi-400-ps-opf, but like I said, it's stage 1. I didn't notice Stage 2 anywhere, what you are mentioning. They make 440 HP and 575nm, if you check the link. :) So since I talked to them, it seems they still do not offer it yet. However, you might be right, that they are just not officially selling it. But I have been told by some tuners several times in the past that they have it, but once I wanted to buy it for real, they stopped responding :)

Bevo tuning did a stage 1 OPF last week made 389 stock and 457 post remap, no hardware mods at all

Spoke to APR a couple of months ago and OPF stage 2 would be spring this year..... basically how long is a piece of string

Bevo tuning did a stage 1 OPF last week made 389 stock and 457 post remap, no hardware mods at all

Spoke to APR a couple of months ago and OPF stage 2 would be spring this year..... basically how long is a piece of string
This is all much more consistent with the misinformation I seem to be spreading :)

Reactions: Terminator x

392PS and 528NM stock
498PS and 681NM Tuned

Intercooler the only mod, but was on 102 octane. OPF filter still on car.

411PS and 522NM Stock
484PS and 650NM tuned

Stage 1, octane unknown.

Maybe the Germans and French know how to tune better than MRC :)

I've done quite a bit of work on a GPF equipped car, +60bhp and +115Nm are easily achieved. Stage 1 on the DNWA cars is so much better than stock and is a lot of fun to drive. I get back into my DAZA RS3 and it feels a bit flat to drive but is louder :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: D0C, 123Quattro, martin lo and 1 other person
I've done quite a bit of work on a GPF equipped car, +60bhp and +115Nm are easily achieved. Stage 1 on the DNWA cars is so much better than stock and is a lot of fun to drive. I get back into my DAZA RS3 and it feels a bit flat to drive but is louder :tearsofjoy:

Are you tuner yourself? Who's/which tuning system do you use/recommend?

@BearfaceRS3 and @Legoless Any results from your dynos today lads?

So here’s the results, pretty impressed car is a whole new beast! As you can see the stock results were very poor but the results are unreal and it’s sounds much better. I’m over the moon! Can’t thanks the guys at MRC enough :)

Attachments

• 13EADA80-8B7D-4DD6-B41F-695CAA06F6B0.jpeg
    13EADA80-8B7D-4DD6-B41F-695CAA06F6B0.jpeg
    692.5 KB · Views: 487
Reactions: 123Quattro, Beebee-one and martin lo
Hahah you guys crack me up.
One individual who I won't mention, (because am nice) is figure crazy.
Relax people jeez!
Put the safety lock on your keyboards.
Ya will have someone's eye out

So here’s the results, pretty impressed car is a whole new beast! As you can see the stock results were very poor but the results are unreal and it’s sounds much better. I’m over the moon! Can’t thanks the guys at MRC enough :)

Wow, congrats mate, those are some incredible gains! How's drivability? Did you have them add in the pops and bangs? Is it full on ASBO now? :)

I'm curious what octane fuel you had in the tank also? Stock results are surprising :( But it seems the OPF isn't actually a restriction with your results! Were/Are you not tempted to get a downpipe?

Yeah I’m really surprised. The drive is just a whole new level. I honestly can’t recommend it enough! It totally unleashed the cars potential. The car sounds much better now, in higher revs it’ll pop for fun when you let off the accelerator in sport. I’ve not really played around with it in manual yet. Literally done the 30min drive home so tomorrow will tell when I play around with it but on first impressions it’s just 100% better. It’s not full on asbo it’s just as it should be.
Cars been run on vpower since day 1. It’s got around 2300miles on it. Was expecting low figures stock with the filters but not that low! I will eventually go down pipe and stage 2 but there is only really milltek on the market for gpf and I want to wait to see what else becomes available

Reactions: Scottkcollins
No we are keeping our tuning legal, so no GPF removal.

Interesting. didn't know about the "legality" of removal. I suspect most MOT centres wouldn't know what an OPF looks like vs a catalytic converter?

Can I ask the name of your tuning outfit mate, and where you are located?

As you do quite a few OPF cars, what sort of stock numbers have you seen so far?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I’m really surprised. The drive is just a whole new level. I honestly can’t recommend it enough! It totally unleashed the cars potential. The car sounds much better now, in higher revs it’ll pop for fun when you let off the accelerator in sport. I’ve not really played around with it in manual yet. Literally done the 30min drive home so tomorrow will tell when I play around with it but on first impressions it’s just 100% better. It’s not full on asbo it’s just as it should be.
Cars been run on vpower since day 1. It’s got around 2300miles on it. Was expecting low figures stock with the filters but not that low! I will eventually go down pipe and stage 2 but there is only really milltek on the market for gpf and I want to wait to see what else becomes available

I'm well jealous mate, and seriously thinking of shredding my warranty :). With those stage 1 figures I question what stage 2 would make! Damned impressive. I'd be interested to hear your impression on any drivability issues and living with it day to day if you care to share once you've put some miles on :)

Did you get the transmission tuned as well (if they offer it?)?

Interesting. didn't know about the "legality" of removal. I suspect most MOT centres wouldn't know what an OPF looks like vs a catalytic converter?

Can I ask the name of your tuning outfit mate, and where you are located?
Nothing in the MOT test yet but its likely to be introduced in the future. There is not really any need to remove a GPF, just need to change customers ways of thinking.