A3 rear parking sensor fail

maseGB

Reaction score
Hello peeps, I'm a new and proud owner of a 2013 a3 saloon manual sport. After testing the car out I noticed rear parking sensors ant working. The car is fitted with this (as stated by seller and myAudi)

When putting car in reverse should I hear a sound? As I get none. Also when reversing I tested all rear sensors but get nothing. Any advice where to start on this issue?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I would start by carrying out a scan for errors (using VCDS, Carrista ,OBD11, etc )
Hi buddy. Been looking at getting the OBD11.. I assume this is the best one?also would u recomend pro? Thinking of getting few mods but not sure if I need pro

I don't have personal experience of all of them, so can't recommend which is best. Lots of pros and cons. VCDS is certainly the most powerful, but also far and away the most expensive, and needs some skill to use all the capabilities. Others are cheaper, but some involve ongoing cost, i.e. not simple outright purchases.

I expect others will chip in with advice.

I believe this is from a car with parking system plus but do you have any options in the menu regarding parking tone/volume?

Attachments

• DD99A8FE-B543-47F3-9E34-516F7221567B.jpeg
    DD99A8FE-B543-47F3-9E34-516F7221567B.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 301
No I dont think I have an option for this. Is it under car?

I can see the actual sensors on the rear bumper tho

Do you get any graphics up on the MMI? Sounds simple but have you tried putting it in reverse against an obstruction and turning the volume up on the steering wheel or the volume control knob by the gear stick.

Do you get any graphics up on the MMI? Sounds simple but have you tried putting it in reverse against an obstruction and turning the volume up on the steering wheel or the volume control knob by the gear stick.
Yh I did buddy. Placed a plastic chair which defo should have sounded the sensor.

If you only just purchased it, I’d check everything else is working and take it back

If you only just purchased it, I’d check everything else is working and take it back
Cant take it back. Sold as seen.. everything else is working fine it's just parking sensors is something I've never checked

I dont get a picture of the car on my screen so I assume I only have standard parking aid? Pic below is of my MyAudi
5da76ae64c057362cea4816507f87a7f.jpg

Yeah I think people with rear sensors only, used vcds carista etc to enable the graphic.
Are they wired on their own fuse? If so maybe check that aswell.

Exactly what I was going to suggest, volume is down!?!?

I think you only get them if you have parking plus i.e front sensors as well.

My 15 8v only has the factory fitted rear sensor and did come up on the MMI screen with the single car graphic, VCDS tweak has added the moving distance lines to that . The same in a family 17 A1. So I still think there should be some sort of basic graphic on the screen if fitted.

Reactions: S32B
the sensors should have a sound level menu in the mmi car settings if they were factory fit, if they were 'genuine Audi' retro fit kit they wont have. If they are faulty then there should be a long note instead of short beep to warn you that they are faulty.

Last edited:
Ho peeps. So I've ordered the Obdeleven. Have no idea how to use it but I need to change the rear brake pads and hoped it will also help me with this. Any suggestions on how to check this?

Right finually got home to play with the car today and managed to find the parking aid on the menu! Sorry must have missed this the other days.

For for some reason its blanked out.. hmmm

Getting my hands on the obdeleven tomorrow so will see if I can work out what's going on
11e8e87193b8462eb64e5385e6235249.jpg

Received the OBD11 and managed to give the parking aid a soft reset. Seems to be working now :)
be9a4c5997786b35d01117456d86391e.jpg

Reactions: Khufu, AlS3BE and KieranJ22
You should get an error if it’s faulty.
Received the OBD11 and managed to give the parking aid a soft reset. Seems to be working now :)
be9a4c5997786b35d01117456d86391e.jpg

Good old restart the computer trick:wink:
Fixes everything.