S4 Avant 2012 Underneath Check

***DK***

Reaction score
Going to be buying a 2012 S4 Avant. The garage sent me a video of the underside.

There seem to be some dark oily patches. Anyone know what might be?
abd338d5b8bf9327656bcc8dc32ca1ed.jpg
25b399588261cc4d79b3d151767bf926.jpg
c4d3a00524daddc13b9bcfea26f2d984.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Difficult to tell from the images, but I'd want those plastic underbody protection panels taken off to investigate. Normally held on with 10mm plastic hex nuts.

Probably mad but I've taken the plunge and bought it. Few guys on the Audizine US forum said they have seen that before and usually not from an oil or trans leak. Sometimes from trans oil change or a/c water. Anyway I couldn't resist so it's being delivered down from Scotland in the next week or so I'll soon be joining you guys in the b8 forum.

86k on the clock. Called Audi Glasgow and the service guy thought from the part numbers he could see that it has the updated s-tronic box so hopefully that's the case. Said parts ran between may 2010 to Dec 2010, then Dec 2010 to April 2012. Mine has the part number for the later model, so fingers crossed.

Options wise has:
memory seats
Folding mirrors
Heated seats
Cruise control
Auto lights and auto dimming rear view
Sun roof
Keyless entry
Black pack

Garage is refurbing alloys. Few stone chips on bonnet that will need some work

Cant wait to get going on it. Will look for a flat bottom wheel and maybe fit the facelift gear shift knob.
f2ef5c31d6290d8d1997ca1aa26a75b2.jpg
48dbafe35ac697ce67437062f0062a83.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jdp1962
Welcome to the silky smooth supercharged world of supercharged smoothness.

Reactions: JohnS3 and scotty76
So after having the car for a few days now I've noticed there is oil dripping a little on my drive. Had a look under tonight and it was dripping from the plastic tray about where the wishbone comes out for the passenger side wheel. You'll see the small trickle in the corner. The last photo was inside and looking down into the tray so looks like quite a bit but that could be over a long period.

Going to have to take it to my local garage to take a look and see where it's coming from. Hopefully I might be able to beg the garage in Glasgow where I bought it from to let me get the work done locally and they reimburse me since their nearest workshop for their 60 day warranty is Birmingham (I'm in London). This was the gamble I went with doing a long distance purchase I suppose.

Most of the oil leak threads I've read for these engines seem to be minor things like the oil filter seal being squashed when someone replaced it, or the oil plug being cracked. So I'm hoping I'll fall into that category. Can't see a drop of a leak from the top so it has to be something lower down.

Anyone with any experience of a lower leak on the S4 would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

c1b80cc0be298966b34daf63f5d8d09d.jpg
3de2e0fec2f01642d67ded9678e571cc.jpg
275b812687f3c4a4c74e7cdc3295c7da.jpg

So after having the car for a few days now I've noticed there is oil dripping a little on my drive. Had a look under tonight and it was dripping from the plastic tray about where the wishbone comes out for the passenger side wheel. You'll see the small trickle in the corner. The last photo was inside and looking down into the tray so looks like quite a bit but that could be over a long period.

Going to have to take it to my local garage to take a look and see where it's coming from. Hopefully I might be able to beg the garage in Glasgow where I bought it from to let me get the work done locally and they reimburse me since their nearest workshop for their 60 day warranty is Birmingham (I'm in London). This was the gamble I went with doing a long distance purchase I suppose.

Most of the oil leak threads I've read for these engines seem to be minor things like the oil filter seal being squashed when someone replaced it, or the oil plug being cracked. So I'm hoping I'll fall into that category. Can't see a drop of a leak from the top so it has to be something lower down.

Anyone with any experience of a lower leak on the S4 would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

c1b80cc0be298966b34daf63f5d8d09d.jpg
3de2e0fec2f01642d67ded9678e571cc.jpg
275b812687f3c4a4c74e7cdc3295c7da.jpg
I had a sump plug washer leak, guess you have checked that though. Rocker cover gaskets are common on these. Timing chain case leaks are also known areas and that all runs down

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Local garage confirmed it was sump plug and a breather pipe. Total £150ish. The garage I bought from are going to refund me which is good.

Arnold Clarke Glasgow - pretty good experience so far. They are Toyota but seem to have the odd part ex

Reactions: Ginge247, Meemo and ruairi83
Hi DK, I’ve just put a deposit down on this car, can you tell me anything about it? Any info greatly appreciated! Please dm me

Hi DK, I’ve just put a deposit down on this car, can you tell me anything about it? Any info greatly appreciated! Please dm me
Sent you a pm if you wanna give me a buzz?

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk