Glove box rattle.

Glyn Roberts

Reaction score
This is driving me daft !! Ive taken everything out of said glove box, no difference!
Looked for play in hinges nothing. Any ideas anyone ?

My centre speaker grill rattles a lot which took some tracking down. Even though it's in front of my face.

I used to have a mysterious and annoying rattle from my S4 but only when the sun was not out - which is most of the time! Finally I sussed that it was my sun glasses rattling in their storage box - working that out took some time as I was hearing/looking in the wrong direction aided by my wife thinking it was somewhere else as well, noises can be confusing even for people with good hearing!!

I'm going to get someone to drive car with me in passenger side to see if i can find the problem. But it sounds like glove box to me.

I used to have a mysterious and annoying rattle from my S4 but only when the sun was not out - which is most of the time! Finally I sussed that it was my sun glasses rattling in their storage box - working that out took some time as I was hearing/looking in the wrong direction aided by my wife thinking it was somewhere else as well, noises can be confusing even for people with good hearing!!

I had similar on warm/hot days.

Turned out the B&O bass speaker in the passenger door was blown but only seemed to make a rattling noise when hot.