4 door Volvo C30

Amchlolor

Reaction score
audi-c30.jpg

Ignoring the fact that some 'joker' on Audiworld has put an Audi badge on the back,does anyone know if this photo is legit ?
I can't find anything else about a four-door C30.
I think it looks great.
I also like the way Volvo do their model range.
It's usually S,SE,Sport,Sport SE.
Much simpler than Audi,so you know what you're getting.
The top of the range ones usually have leather and cruise as standard etc.
I also loooove their Dolby surround stereos.

I saw a 3 door one of these the other day. I don't like volvo's at the best of times but this thing was revolting.

bowfer said:

Ignoring the fact that some 'joker' on Audiworld has put an Audi badge on the back,does anyone know if this photo is legit ?

Well, you never know if Volvo are going to produce one or not, but that photo is definately a Photochop, here is the original:
060724001.jpg

Yeah I thought it look Photoshopped - the rear doors seem too small.

Either way, it doesn't improve it for me. Too much to remind you of the 480. Yuck.

No way is that legit, the front doors are 50% bigger than the rears!

One reason I prefer 2-door cars is due to the ease of access the large doors afford. I find getting in and out of 4-door cars really annoying.

bowfer said:
I hope Volvo do make it.
Preferably,before January !

There is also the S40, which shares the same platform, which would give you the 4 doors.

They've got one thing right - the "marmite" style love/hate advert.

I hate it. :puke2:

mfspen said:
There is also the S40, which shares the same platform, which would give you the 4 doors.

I test drove the S40 and V50 before I ordered the Sportback.
They were nice and well equipped.
Drove well too.
In the end,the choice of colours and wheels was too limiting.
I also though the styling was a bit too 'old bloke'.
I'm not ready for cardigans yet.

The C30 looks mint in the flesh,it really does.
Three doors is a killer (literally...) with kids though.

Yes, I'm going to trade mine in March next year, as I'm getting fed up with the spine-shattering suspension on my A3 !

Will probably get one of the new A4s, which should be out by then. (Previews at the Frankfurt show in Sept, I think.)

mfspen said:
Yes, I'm going to trade mine in March next year, as I'm getting fed up with the spine-shattering suspension on my A3 !

Will probably get one of the new A4s, which should be out by then. (Previews at the Frankfurt show in Sept, I think.)

That's interesting,any photos ?
The existing A4 doesn't interest me.
The interior hasn't improved in years,since I had my '02 model.
The Passat's interior is much,much better.

bowfer said:
That's interesting,any photos ?
The existing A4 doesn't interest me.
The interior hasn't improved in years,since I had my '02 model.
The Passat's interior is much,much better.
I've only seen this spyshot :
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiasts/Spy_Shots_and_Future_Cars/Spy_Shots_2008_Audi_A4.S178.A10313.html
Looks pretty similar to current car, so may not be genuine though.

Apparently, the new A4 will be based on the same platform as the A5, but with a shortened body, so I guess it will borrow some of the interior from that.

Well wait and see eh ?
The shots there don't excite me.
The interior would have to be pretty special to overcome the humdrum exterior (if,as you say,those shots are real)
I dunno,I just fancy something with a bit more 'flair' next,whether that be exterior or interior,or both !

Dad wanted to test drive a V50 as a replacement for his Golf & I wanted to test drive a C30 aswell so we went along together to my local dealership. After 5 mins of standing around and being ignored we left. Wont be getting a sale out of me!

Matt said:
Dad wanted to test drive a V50 as a replacement for his Golf & I wanted to test drive a C30 aswell so we went along together to my local dealership. After 5 mins of standing around and being ignored we left. Wont be getting a sale out of me!

Christ,I've bought several Audis off the local dealer and unless I'm in work clobber (suit,tie) they're as bad.
Jeans and t-shirts just doesn't fit in with their little chrome world.
I'd never let a dealer put me off a car.
That's just cutting your nose off to spite your face.

"Yeah,I went for my second choice motor,because the dealer made me a skinny latte"
Haha !
How important is the sales part of the dealer,really ?
Not very.
After-sales is much more important than some dummy who probably won't be there when you change the car in three years anyway.
I don't need salesguys,I really don't.
I do my homework,I probably know more about the car than they do.
They're just a means to an end.

Will be checking one of these C30s out later on today- see what all the fuss is about! I've seen quite a few on the roads recently and I think they look nice- quite a bit of standard equipment too for the price.

Will be checking one of these C30s out later on today- see what all the fuss is about! I've seen quite a few on the roads recently and I think they look nice- quite a bit of standard equipment too for the price.

Mate of mine is looking to PCH one of the 'R-design' (I think that's what they're called) ones going around.
Loads of kit for £14500.00
You can PCH one for under £200 a month.

yep the R design looks quite nice. Its just you need to age 50 years to drive one !

I just priced up a "R-Design" T5 model with all the bits, came out at just over £29.5k, I don't mind the looks but I wouldn't pay that kind of premium for one (even if it is the highest spec model), lots of areas (in particular the fit and finish of the interior) let it down.

D5's with delivery miles on the trader starting at £16500 much better than the T5

Does the C30 come with the D5 engine?
Jesus, that must shift a bit.
I drove an XC70 with that engine, and it moved that tank admirably.
Cracking engine.
Wasn't so long ago Audi swore by 5 cylinder engines too.

I test drove a C30 R Design D5, when I was looking at changing.
I do like the look of it externally, it is very marmite though. Inside though, it just makes me think I need to be 65 to be driving something so bland and boring inside, and lets face it, thats where I would be sitting the most.

Also the one I tested had a terrible auto box, and the MPG was terrible.

So I ordered another A3. Volvo still keep pestering me about buying one though.

Inside though, it just makes me think I need to be 65 to be driving something so bland and boring inside, and lets face it, thats where I would be sitting the most.

I'm all for fair criticism, but the above just makes me laugh.:)
How on earth you can have the cheek to call a C30 interior "bland and boring", yet (presumably) rave about the interior of an A3, is completely beyond me!
Here are photos of a C30 interior and my actual A3 interior.
Would you care to point out the styling flair of the Audi, because I'm just not seeing it.
Note, I'm not saying the Audi interior is bad, but I would hardly say the C30 interior is "bland and boring" in comparison to it.:noway:

08_volvoC30_int.jpg

i.jpg

I cant see the images, but as with everything it is just personal taste.
I personally dont like the big console and the OTT silver, and perhaps because the interior was grey and not black, I just didnt like it.

Again its all personal taste, the marmite factor and all that :D

I like the latest Volvo interiors. Its the outside that needs sorting

The 'floating' centre consoles are cool, in the Volvos.
Bit of an inevitable cliche, but a real B+O look/feel to them.

I think the dash looks good, I think the D5 will be available as a manula soon but from the start it was auto only, but its a horrid 5 speed, not the 6 speed that goes into the S60

I think the dash looks good, I think the D5 will be available as a manula soon but from the start it was auto only, but its a horrid 5 speed, not the 6 speed that goes into the S60

If you go into the Volvo configurator, it suggests it's a 6-speed manual for the D5 now.
Not that a diesel really needs a 6-speed box, it's just 'fashion'.
6th is a rare occurrence in my car.

I like the look of the new Volvos, although I would need to get the S40 to get 4 doors.

But the Achilles Heel is the horrendous depreciation. I posted a while back on the UK Volvo forum, and one of the respondees confirmed that the resale values drop like a stone. This guy had an 18 month old V50 2.0D, bought for £21k, and he said he would be lucky to get £12k for it

I like the look of the new Volvos, although I would need to get the S40 to get 4 doors.

But the Achilles Heel is the horrendous depreciation. I posted a while back on the UK Volvo forum, and one of the respondees confirmed that the resale values drop like a stone. This guy had an 18 month old V50 2.0D, bought for £21k, and he said he would be lucky to get £12k for it

We got some tasty lease deal offers on S40's, when my colleague was making his car choice.
Might be worth looking at, if you're worried about depreciation.

I've just had a look at lease deals on an R design 2.0D and i must say im impressed!I may well be getting myself one of these next year when it comes to reorder time. Not much more money than your average 2 litre diesel focus, can't really argue with that

I've just had a look at lease deals on an R design 2.0D and i must say im impressed!I may well be getting myself one of these next year when it comes to reorder time. Not much more money than your average 2 litre diesel focus, can't really argue with that

Yup, I'm sure my mate was quoted something like £199 a month (+VAT).
Pretty damned good.
FWIW, I'm £502 a month for my D3.

Well my quote was closer to the £350 mark but i need 25-30k a year on mine, but that's still good seeing as the focus i have just now was something along the lines of 300 and its a 1.8.I think my max is around £350-400 a month so it would fit into my bracket nicely.

Did have a good look at it, I like it a lot, just not sure if I'd buy it if that makes sense. It is too much of a marmite car- and I'm not sure I could drive something that quite a few people would think stands out too much (and attracts too much of a crowd). I thought i'td be a bit more subtle but the rear end is quite something!

I'd never pay out my own money for one new - but then again i'd never buy any new car.

And i know what you mean about the rear, although with the R design kit on it the whole car looks alot nicer and more 'mean' if that makes any sense.

As a company car tho it looks like a good deal, i'd maybe even take the 1.6D and pay less tax on it.</p>