Very New Member from Sydney

barbalatte

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got the Ross Tech VCDS HEX-V2.
Just wondering what would be the best way to start? I have absolutely no experience in these things although I’m a quick learner.

I have an RS3 2015 and an SQ5 2013.

I’ve gotten to the point of Testing the line which is ok although I really don’t know how to change it modify the codes yet.

I've tried logging into the Open Controller but not sure what to touch.
I see people post examples like:

[09] Central Electronics (I KNOW THIS BIT)
Adaption : (5)-Daytime running lights- Tagfshrlicht-Tagfahrlicht....... (I DON'T KNOW THIS BIT)
Set Active (Not sure where to find it).

Please excuse the ignorance. I'm starting to watch more and more videos on this but still want to get it 100% before i touch anything.

The first thing I did was to run a full scan and see what error codes it threw, then saved the print out, cleared all the codes and started to see what I could do.

Can’t comment on what you can do on the RS3 as I’m on a different platform. There are a few Australian members on here.

Welcome to the Forum :racer:

Thanks RAF,

I did that. I cleared one code referring to something minor.
I’m just after a step by step guide.
I’ve seen some on YouTube, which were helpful and had a few no brainer tips like putting your foot on the break. This may seem silly, but if you don’t know you don’t know.

Would be good if an expert could make 1 or 2 videos showing the Lyman how to do it without disabling your car!

Why not have a look at the Ross-tech forums as they give you good info and can be helpful if you have a problem