tints

chris_20

Reaction score
alright lads, im after some tints next for my a4, but i want some light tints nothing too dark as i think itll look silly and the feds wont be too impressed. could you post pics up of your tints and waht percentage they are to give me an idea of what im after. also how much £££ am i looking at.

cheers lads

I went for 25% at front and 50% for rear and back window.
If you not wanting too dark then Id go 25% all round, You can get 15% but to me that was too light.

I paid £140 for mine from a Asian guy who does it from his house in the mornings.He went germany to do a course and even does it outside if there isnt a massive breeze. He's the dogs doolallys,Everyone in Leicester goes to him. **** hot.

Only problem I had was the rear screen where the bottom piece had slightly bubbled but lifetime gaurantee.

Suppose that dont mean owt to you as your too far away.
My mate paid £390 at ICS on his X5, found out the asian dude would have done it for £190!!!!

100_1378.jpg

100_1366.jpg

100_1365.jpg

100_1381.jpg

100_1359.jpg

Got a quote for the Mrs motor yesterday from a company in Thame, he insits you go to him to avoid dust problems, quoted £300 for back and rears on a Rav4 25%

Had mine done just outside Canterbury. Had 25% all round (except the windscreen!). Excellent job.

[
IMG_2355.jpg
]

NIKNAK!!!! if you decide to get yours done dont get the fronts any darker than the lowest level (15%) as GMP are currently clamping down on tints and have a little test they do at the road side. if its fails then you get a £30 fine and get issued with a prohibition notice which basically means until you get them removed you have to drive round with the windows down. I know they have tested the vectra traffic cars with factory tinted windows and these are just below legal level as standard.:scared2:

stoakseya4 said:
Had mine done just outside Canterbury. Had 25% all round (except the windscreen!). Excellent job.

[]

cheers lads..keep em coming
stoaksey have u any pics side on of your tints??? judging by the pics so far 25% is what ill be getting. just need a lil more clarification

stoakseya4 said:

Whereabouts did you get them done, what price did you pay and were the windows taken out to apply the tints?

Live in Hastings but always visiting parents in Thanet so Canterbury's perfect.

Anybody hear of problems with tinting windows when a car isn't new and has scratches etc on the windows?
I've heard they become really visible, which is the main reason (and cash, obviously) I have held off...

Yes thats true Nivagh the scratches do show up, Ive seen right messes on some motors.

Me and my mates have been using Pentagon Glasstech for tints (www.pentagonglasstech.co.uk) - these guys are industry known experts and best in the business.

Find your local office and give them a call. They charge from £200+ and offer lifetime guarantee

Sheraz

Chaps.

Sorry dont have any pics side-on, after the tints were applied, but will take some tonight, to post up hopefully tomorrow.

Was done by Auto Films Direct - 0800 018 6232, on Thorndens Wood Road, between Herne Bay and Canterbury.

Think it was £300? Am probably gonna get the black saloon done also...