New model?

MA3RC

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’ve been away from the audi scene for just over 2 years but I’m starting to get the itch and want to come back . I car wowed an A3 S-Line, however the dealer came back saying production as ceased for a new model.

Does anyone know if this is a complete new model or another facelift?

I don’t know whether to hold out until production starts again or look elsewhere for a new car!

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Marc

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Complete new model. Wait it out if you want an A3. It could be more than 6 months though, the new model isn't even released yet but most think it will be at Frankfurt Motorshow in Sept.

New model. But don't expect to take delivery of the standard cars till about this time next year.

Car's not even shown yet. Golf has been delayed till sometime in 2020. A3 will follow a few months after the Golf goes on sale.

Seen/heard the same thing regarding the current A3 as I was looking at swapping out of my S3 to something more economical due to increased mileage when commuting, cant even get a factory order A1 which I found strange? WLTP round 2 on the horizon maybe or too much stock lying around?

Just been on a bit of a road trip in the saloon S3 doing roughly 140 miles a day over a 4 day holiday getting wedding arrangements sorted in Scotland (stayed 65 miles away from the venue and suppliers, don't ask, the Mrs booked the accommodation and didn't think to consolidate the meetings to one or two days), it'll be a very sad day when this motor goes to a new owner and I really do hope the new gen A3 & S3 is as good as the current gen, hopefully better.

Might buy an old banger for the commute and get a T5 camper, reckon we'd get a lot of use out of it.......has anyone got one, worth hiring one first for a couple weeks?

Surely just the change over to the my20, which is why many dealerships are running promotions to sell off old stock on all models until the my20 is released. If the new new one isn't out until next year then it'll be a my21...

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hi guys,

I’ve been away from the audi scene for just over 2 years but I’m starting to get the itch and want to come back . I car wowed an A3 S-Line, however the dealer came back saying production as ceased for a new model.

Does anyone know if this is a complete new model or another facelift?

I don’t know whether to hold out until production starts again or look elsewhere for a new car!

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Marc

Not completely new model, just MY2020.

MY2020 is probably the final model year of the current model. If you go to the Audi Germany configurator, the MY2020 is already there for the A3 and it is the current model.

New model. But don't expect to take delivery of the standard cars till about this time next year.

Car's not even shown yet. Golf has been delayed till sometime in 2020. A3 will follow a few months after the Golf goes on sale.

Complete new model. Wait it out if you want an A3. It could be more than 6 months though, the new model isn't even released yet but most think it will be at Frankfurt Motorshow in Sept.

No, see explanation above.

Reactions: cuke2u
Now should be the time to get a bargain price on an A3 with a new model due next year :icon thumright: