Split vacuum hose - part number required

prel2000

Reaction score
Anybody know the part number to this vaccum hose. Its has split at the very top.

Also is it safe to continue driving the car with a split vacuum hose apart from the loss of power/boost.

200520070441-1.jpg

I had the exact same hose go on my 1.8T and it was throwing a CEL light running too lean. Took me ages to spot it. Not sure of the part number but just took the old bit into my local parts shop and they sold me it for about £1.75. Didnt see any difference in performance though.

I think I may still have some spare if you after some. PM me and Ill see if I can dig it out.

Oh and I drove mine for a couple of month before I realised what it was, never had any problems.

Mine had been bodged sometime earlier with 2 peices of hose and a copper pipe to connect them, it had split at the join under the intake mannifold so it was prety difficult to spot :(

peteone-100_4177.JPG

Thanks for that.
I can actually hear a hissing sound (air leaking) and when you cover the hole with your finger you can feel the suction of air trying to circulate.
I am gonna get the car in today to sort it. Thanks for the offer.
Also need to get some other bits done too, I think my rocker cover gasket is leaking so will do that at same time.