8V Air Vents Adapters

SleAze

Reaction score
Hey, i've retrofitted the 8V air vents, but cant handle the insane loss of ac fan power.
Someone know where \ how I can get the adapters?
I've seen people 3d print them - but this isn't an option for me as no 3d printing available for me.

I'm even willing to purchase premade ones from someone who has them

Never heard off adapters for the 8v air vents , you do know there is a good write up on here about someone fitting them without so called adapters, might be word having a look on here for that post

Are they the ones that pull out in the centre for boost power?
Do you have a picture or link of what you're looking for?

Never heard off adapters for the 8v air vents , you do know there is a good write up on here about someone fitting them without so called adapters, might be word having a look on here for that post

Hey, sorry for the late replay.
I'm talking about these "adapters" they aren't officially made - they are supposed to make the 8V vents length a bit larger (to match the 8P vents)
This way there is no "ac power leaking" because the 8V vents are shorter

I've attached the following link to show you what I mean by "adapters"

https://www.a3-freunde.de/galerie/index.php?p=album&aid=21421&bid=320285

I know your pain, summer time in Arizona with these vents is miserable.

Last edited:
If that 3d model could be downloaded I would happily 3d print them for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: SleAze and nluk100
Best vents are 2011 TT vents and a straight swap into an 8p.

If that 3d model could be downloaded I would happily 3d print them for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the very generous offer but I couldn't find the 3d model again as I saw earlier..
However I did find this guy that sells them and ships them for free (a bit pricey but I guess for the current situation they are a must have haha)

I've attached a link for whoever else that did this retrofit and would like to "regain" his AC fan's original power.

https://www.etsy.com/il-en/listing/...di-a3-8p-to-audi?ref=shop_home_active_1&frs=1

Thanks for that. I just purchased. Honestly I don’t think I would have ever known about these things, if it wasn’t for the forum.

Hey,

Can someone please give me an idea on how this can be achieved as it looks wicked and my vents are broken anyway so it's a good time to upgrade.

How did you do this?
you get behind the vent on the dash with a little plastic tool or I used small flat headed screw driver and work one side then the other , top n bottom until you can get your fingers behind it and gently pull them out then once you get the TT MK2 ones you put the bk in but beware which TT one you put were