VCDS Module 03 - ABS Brakes security code?

Fraysa

Reaction score
I’d like to disable the seatbelt requirement for my e-brake and after trying TONS of security access codes posted online (even some by @DJAlix) none worked.

Does anyone know the security code for the 8v? 13’ model, if that’s relevant.

Is there another way to find out?

Not that I’d advocate disabling this safety feature and assume this is for use on private land and not roads, but if you want to go down that route it may be easier to use a separate seat belt clip or ‘dummy’ to put into the holder?

Not that I’d advocate disabling this safety feature and assume this is for use on private land and not roads, but if you want to go down that route it may be easier to use a separate seat belt clip or ‘dummy’ to put into the holder?

Nah, that’s not the route I’m aiming for.

What year is your car?
On mine the e-brake works with or without seatbelt on. Releases the handbrake if I want to pull away or keeps it on at junctions. Just beeps at me if I don’t have it on.
Whereas my old a6 nothing worked unless seatbelt was on.

Reactions: Fraysa
What year is your car?
On mine the e-brake works with or without seatbelt on. Releases the handbrake if I want to pull away or keeps it on at junctions. Just beeps at me if I don’t have it on.
Whereas my old a6 nothing worked unless seatbelt was on.

My car is 2013. Mine worked without the seatbelt on. I just need the security access code to change it - already found the adaption needed.

Are you using vcds?
Normally they have all the latest security codes

Are you using vcds?
Normally they have all the latest security codes

Yep. Hovering over the text box doesn’t show up anything like the other modules.

I’ve searched far and wide and tried about 40 codes already. It seems like I’m not the only who’s having this issue. Hopefully someone experienced like @DJAlix can shed some light, maybe it’s a specific code for each car, I don’t know.

Also, unlike other models it doesn’t let you know if the code is invalid or not. It accepts all codes but when you try to enable some adaptation it refuses so it takes time to try them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Hovering over the text box doesn’t show up anything like the other modules.

I’ve searched far and wide and tried about 40 codes already. It seems like I’m not the only who’s having this issue. Hopefully someone experienced like @DJAlix can shed some light, maybe it’s a specific code for each car, I don’t know.

Also, unlike other models it doesn’t let you know if the code is invalid or not. It accepts all codes but when you try to enable some adaptation it refuses so it takes time to try them.

Have you tried contacting Ross tech?
They normally quite good at responding

I’ve tired this code and he literally says it doesn’t work.

I’ve contacted Ross-Tech but unfortunately because my cable which I bought from eBay is registered to his name, I can’t get support unless I re-register it for 100$.

Anyone else who knows the code or willing to shed some light? @DJAlix for the rescue maybe?

cheers.
Disable Seatbelt Warning in 17, no SAC. If this does not achieve what you are looking for then Disable Seatbelt Buckle Scan in 03, no SAC. Might be worth checking measuring value for access attempts in order to make sure you have not been locked out of the control module in question.

Register your tool.

Last edited:
Disable Seatbelt Warning in 17, no SAC. If this does not achieve what you are looking for then Disable Seatbelt Buckle Scan in 03, no SAC. Might be worth checking the following measuring value to access attempts in order to make sure you have not been locked out of the control module in question.

Register your tool.

Every adaptation I’m trying to enable in 03 requires SAC. Do you happen to know it? I’ve seen several codes you posted here before but they don’t work.

Every adaptation I’m trying to enable in 03 requires SAC. Do you happen to know it? I’ve seen several codes you posted here before but they don’t work.

"Might be worth checking measuring value for access attempts in order to make sure you have not been locked out of the control module in question".

If the above status is ok, and the ones I have posted for PFL vehicles are not working, your module's codes will need to be extracted via a special tool.

"Might be worth checking measuring value for access attempts in order to make sure you have not been locked out of the control module in question".

If the above status is ok, and the ones I have posted for PFL vehicles are not working, your module's codes will need to be extracted via a special tool.

Sorry, the measuring values were okay, it’s not locked out.

How does one get such tool?

Sorry, the measuring values were okay, it’s not locked out.

How does one get such tool?
There are a number of them. Suggest completing your own research in order to work out which is best for your needs and indeed budget.

Reactions: T-800 and Fraysa