Wheel cleaner poll

Do you use a dedicated wheel cleaner?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

S32B

Reaction score
Just wondering how many on here use a dedicated wheel cleaner such as VP bilberry, BH auto wheels, Wonder wheels, etc etc. Or do you just use whatever you are washing the car with?

I use ValetPro Bilberry wheel cleaner diluted to anywhere between 30-50%.

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
Just wondering how many on here use a dedicated wheel cleaner such as VP bilberry, BH auto wheels, Wonder wheels, etc etc. Or do you just use whatever you are washing the car with?

BH Alloy Wheel Cleaner is my go to however, it depends how frequently I am washing the cars. If it is regular washes then I'll SF the car and wash the alloys before using AG Shampoo and Gyeon Q2M wheel brush with a bucket dedicated for alloys.

I tend to use an APC when cleaning them (weather and time permitting every 2 weeks) which suffices to get the muck off. Once every 2 months will use a fallout remover/dedicated wheel cleaner to get rid of the very tough stuff. Conscious of not overusing this stuff with DC alloys, also not much need to use every week.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Good old soapy water for me.
No chemical additives, other than the car shampoo on my wheels.
As long as your wheels are coated in something, and you don't go long periods between washes the muck just washes off.
Granted with a helping hand from my wheel woolie tickling sticks to get right in there.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Adam14 and josul
Good old soapy water for me.
No chemical additives, other than the car shampoo on my wheels.
As long as your wheels are coated in something, and you don't go long periods between washes the muck just washes off.
Granted with a helping hand from my wheel woolie tickling sticks to get right in there.
+1

Since stepping up cleaning the car more often, coating the wheels and buying wheel woolies I have not used a wheel cleaner. More importantly I now enjoy doing the wheels. I even clean the tyres and dress them. Just need to keep on top of the coating.

Reactions: NevMan and CHEZ
Dedicated wheel cleaners definitely have their place and can do an excellent job, but they are of most benefit to people who for whatever reason are not able to thoroughly clean their wheels regularly from brand new, i.e., at least once a week.
My current and previous 3 cars have had a spoke design which enables easy hand access to the inside of the wheel, so all I have ever needed is my normal car shampoo and a mitt to keep them looking as good as new.
The car I had before that was also bought brand new but the wheels had a multi spoke design which made it impossible to get your hand behind them, so thorough cleaning was much more difficult. I used ValetPro Bilberry with good results, and CarPro Iron X which was even better.
If I needed a dedicated wheel cleaner today I would use Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel.

Reactions: Pook, Jassyo06, Taxboy and 2 others
TJ wheel cleaner for me

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: THQuattro
Auto finesse imperial at 10-1 dilution & revolution wheel soap.

I use BH Auto Wheel or VP Bilberry.
But not every time as often JW and wheel brush with shampoo in dedicated bucket and wheel woolies does the job.

Haven’t got to the ceramic coating of alloys yet, but when I do cleaning will obv. Be easier

Coated wheels for me so just water and various wheel brushes and an old wash mitt, sorted

Still using 5% domestic Flash:

Flash P1020353
@ zero £s cost :whistle2:there's always a bottle under the sink... :whip:

I get the wheels properly cleaned and sealed, then afterwards just regular shampoo.

I used to use wheel cleaner, but now they are ceramic coated so not needed anymore. Normal car shampoo does the trick.

I use Bilberry but not every wash. Only if the roads are grimy especially in the winter

I use A-Chem, they sell direct to public on their website, but they also repackage the product for other retailers, such as Valet Pro :)