Which tuning box

George Mangan

Reaction score
Am thinking of fitting a box
A TMC one as have money back promise any one done this

I understand it is switchable

For not much more money you could get the job done properly at RTech.

Never heard of TMC. You don'y what engine it's for either. Most of the tuning boxes have different settings, but they are just a series of different resistances that fudge the ECU into adding more fuel and boost. One thing I learnt from my neighbour having one fitted to his Audi is that you can either have max power or max torque but not both.

We ran my car with a custom map and another S3 with a tuning box back to back on a dyno and you could see the unburnt fuel come out of the back as smoke on the tuning box car.

Never heard of TMC. You don'y what engine it's for either. Most of the tuning boxes have different settings, but they are just a series of different resistances that fudge the ECU into adding more fuel and boost. One thing I learnt from my neighbour having one fitted to his Audi is that you can either have max power or max torque but not both.

We ran my car with a custom map and another S3 with a tuning box back to back on a dyno and you could see the unburnt fuel come out of the back as smoke on the tuning box car.
07 s3 8p with 48k miles

APR provide a free trial too - they are tried and tested.

Personally I wouldn’t use or try a tuning box but that’s just me.

Reactions: MalcB
Yes I know but this option I can try and turn it up or down or even off from an app blue tooth to the box
Get a map from R-tech and you can do all this too simply by holding the brake pedal and pressing the accelerator (although you haven't yet said what car you have with which engine, so nobody knows if this is available for yours).