A3 sportback S-line upgrades...

maars

Full speed ahead
Reaction score
A couple of questions for the A3 experts on possible upgrades:-

* Can the Symphony2 cassette/6-disc in-dash CD head unit be swapped for a higher spec unit? If so what do people recommend (something with iPod connectivity would be great).
* Is it possible to retro-fit the door blinds into the tops of the rear doors?
* What are your thoughts on improving the headlight power. Are these 'xenon' bulbs any good?

maars said:
* Can the Symphony2 cassette/6-disc in-dash CD head unit be swapped for a higher spec unit? If so what do people recommend (something with iPod connectivity would be great).
The only head unit above the Symphony is the RNS-E sat nav, which loads of people highly recommend. The only way to get iPod connectivity though is to buy a kit, which will connect to your Symphony anyway ;)

maars said:
Anything is possible, though I doubt that is the easiest mod to do though, probably needs a new door card :(

maars said:
* What are your thoughts on improving the headlight power. Are these 'xenon' bulbs any good?
I've fitted the Philips X-treme bulbs to my dipped lights. They are definately a lot brighter than the standard bulbs, and a much nicer light too, but probably don't give you much extra range of visibility, its just brighter when you get to the end of their range ;) I'd highly recommend them.

maars said:
QUOTE]

They require different door card cappings. The tops of the normal ones are rounded, the ones with the blinds are squared off and have the slot in them where you pull the blind up. Presume you would need something new at the top of the window frame to clip the blind on to as well.

Or go to Halfords and buy some of the roller blinds with the suckers on as I have. Don't quite fit the window as well, but only about £10 instead of the wallet full Audi wanted as an option.