New misfire TDI 140 PD BRE

VagManScoop

Reaction score
Hi all. I have owned this car for a while now and have viewed here for tips along the way, great site! But now I'm faced with a misfire problem and would like the experience of you top people to help here.

My problem is a misfire on very steady acceleration and it sometimes cuts out when I let the revs drop too quick. No3 injector was showing an intermittent misfire and so was replaced with the injector loom but the fault is still present.

--Things I have checked--
Fuel colour in filter (new filter fitted)
Injector clearances
Inj harness resistance (all 0.4-0.6 ohms)
Injector resistance (all 0.2ohms)
Cam lobe and rocker wear - OK
ECU visual inspection for water ingress - OK

--Things to check--
Engine timing
Fuel pressure, ign on, cranking, running
Swapping 2 and 3 injectors over

VCDS

IMG 20190801 153458

Here's my interpretation,
Inj quantity and switch time is the requested by the ecu with actual value being added/subtracted?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to shell out £366 per injector if I don't need one!

Thanks in advance guys!!!:thumbs up::thumbs up:

If you have a BRE engine, I think that might mean you have a B7-generation A4, and this is the B8 forum.

What reg is your car?

Oh that's embarrassing!! It's the very first of the new shape 06-

Attachments

• IMG_20190801_180824.jpg
    IMG_20190801_180824.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
Cheers guys, sorry bout that! I need some input from any vag-com gurus out there. I'm ok with petrol but need a better judgement here!

Yea I've read about this, I would like the engine not misfiring intermittently to then tackle this! I'm guessing this has no effect on misfiring, rather not running anymore!